The Random Thoughts Thread

Go ahead, keep singing...

43419032_1174406342709965_4745584613177425920_n.jpg

I think the weather service is going to have to come up with some new adjectives to describe hurricanes. Michael has been upgraded to MONSTROUS.

Last edited:
rolling out to panama city tomorrow to help some friends and hopefully a bunch of other people.
Be aware that current situation still has limited entry as enforced by LEO. Good luck and Godspeed.

ETA: (I just read your other posting and realized you are going as part of recognized/organized group. Checkpoints should not be a problem for you.)

Last edited:
Be aware that current situation still has limited entry as enforced by LEO. Good luck and Godspeed.

ETA: (I just read your other posting and realized you are going as part of recognized/organized group. Checkpoints should not be a problem for you.)
Correct. Also, there is HUGE devastation. They need stuff as simple as wellfare checks and road clearing to get Ems and fire into other places that aren't directly in PC. Both organizations have said that no matter where you can make it, they 110% have somewhere for you to go. I figured both of these organizations were on the ground in Matthew and Irma for us, so we can try and be there for them!
For instance, this is the current open ticket map that needs to be checked

Between my wife and people i know, we have raised almost 500.00 which has been poured into consumables we can hand out on the way for chainsaws , water, baby wipes, diapers and bug spray.

guys are trucking in 55gallon drums of gas, diesel etc to help keep people on the ground moving. It is insane how quick civilians can organize and get into action, and how slow everyone else is
7s9n4ij.png

Last edited:
I read a quick article about Stephen Hawking's last writings. AI and gene editing? AI taking over or superhumans will leave behind us "plebeian" humans. It's the Netflix show "Altered Carbon" coming to life.

Speaking of which, if you haven't seen that show yet, it's pretty cool!

Also, The Haunting of Hill House is a great October treat!

I'm still waiting for my R2-D2 and C-3PO in CA! If anyone can do it, add it to Elon Musk's list of Tesla fundraisers! :D

Has the definition of "sustainable" changed, or is it just the new catch word? Damn near every headline seems to have some form of that word in the headline? Just saw this headline...
Europe Bicycle Parking Racks Market Driven by Consumer Focus on Sustainability and Carbon Consciousness

Back
Top Bottom