The Random Thoughts Thread

<see my avatar>

Speaking of stupid little yellow signs, have any of you seen the new version of the "Baby on Board" signs, "Baby up in this bitch!". I busted out laughing the first time I saw one. Like anything else, the first one you see is funny, then it just gets redundant.

The base, ignorant, vulgar de-evolution of the English language really grinds my gears.

^^^^I use acronyms when texting occasionally, trying to figure out what some people are saying in a text drives me crazy, DYKWIM?:rolleyes:

I'm in NV right now arranging for a shipment of contraband single use straws. I'll make millions selling to sit down restaurants. Insert evil laugh here!!:D

I'm in NV right now arranging for a shipment of contraband single use straws. I'll make millions selling to sit down restaurants. Insert evil laugh here!!:D

Instead of guys runnin ammo across the NV/CA border this is opening up a whole new level of black market activities.....

We were in the grocery store in Cali earlier this month. Each bag cost $0.10. Most people did not take bags.

I wonder who gets the money...

We were in the grocery store in Cali earlier this month. Each bag cost $0.10. Most people did not take bags.

I wonder who gets the money...
Good question... according to Google not a popular question in the US. I learned from the BBC that in England that fee goes to the stores. I found out that in the EU that it goes back into the coffers of the retailer.

But in this LA Times article it states the same thing for the US. Not one dime that they charge per bag in CA goes into a special "plastic bag" fund for environmental purposes. It goes to the store who then may choose to take those proceeds an use them for environmental awareness campaigns, advetising, etc.

In other words, a windfall to retailers. Especially since the assumed cost by California lawmakers was 10 cents per bag, and hence the law taxes that much on consumers, and retailers say it's between 4 to 5 cents per bag.

When shopping in California for groceries I typically ask for each of my items to be placed in it's own bag individually. Occasionally I'll even ask for each item to be double bagged. I have the clerk break open my 32 bottle cases of water and individually bag those as well. Once I'm in the parking lot I ask the clerk assisting me to the car to remove all of the items from their bags and place them in the back seat. I then take the mountain of empty bags and, after locating the nearest Prius, I shove them all up its tiny tail pipe.

I'm just trying to make the world a better place.

s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg

When shopping in California for groceries I typically ask for each of my items to be placed in it's own bag individually. Occasionally I'll even ask for each item to be double bagged. I have the clerk break open my 32 bottle cases of water and individually bag those as well. Once I'm in the parking lot I ask the clerk assisting me to the car to remove all of the items from their bags and place them in the back seat. I then take the mountain of empty bags and, after locating the nearest Prius, I shove them all up its tiny tail pipe.

I'm just trying to make the world a better place.

View attachment 41083

View attachment 41084
Hey, @Gallowbraid. I strongly encourage you to perform an unnatural act upon yourself with all possible vigor. :cool:

upload_2018-9-23_14-59-26.png

There it is boys. Proof that Tango is a Prius lover...

:rofl
Flippin' - A! It's a beast... 10 year veteran of the Washington, DC Beltway (that's like being a combat B-17 crewman in the WWII Eighth Air Force - "it's not if you get hit, it's when you'll get hit") in all weather conditions including the infamous pop-up snow storms. Made in 2003. Over 208,000 miles. Original battery. No outstanding maintenance requirements other than routine service. Still gets between 45-50 mpg, and at a 450 mile range on the 11.9 gallon tank.

Laugh chuckle-heads - I laugh too - all the way to the bank... :lol

Flippin' - A! It's a beast... 10 year veteran of the Washington, DC Beltway (that's like being a combat B-17 crewman in the WWII Eighth Air Force - "it's not if you get hit, it's when you'll get hit") in all weather conditions including the infamous pop-up snow storms. Made in 2003. Over 208,000 miles. Original battery. No outstanding maintenance requirements other than routine service. Still gets between 45-50 mpg, and at a 450 mile range on the 11.9 gallon tank.

Laugh chuckle-heads - I laugh too - all the way to the bank... :lol
My 36 gallon tank winces. But it smiled at the prospect of CO gas prices compared to CA!

Back
Top Bottom