The Random Dose of FUNNY Thread

Yes, yes it is.

IMG_20200416_112942.jpg

I bought a replacement wheel barrow once in poly. My wife decided to clean out the wood burner one afternoon. The fire had been out for 2 days. She pushed the wheel barrow full of ash outside under the deck. Luckily my neighbor was a smoker. At mid-night, he called me and says" Hey you have a flue fire". I run out on the deck and look up. No fire but a lot of smoke. The wheel barrow was fully engulfed under the deck and fire was licking up a post. There is still a melted plastic stain on the concrete. My new barrow is steel.

I bought a replacement wheel barrow once in poly. My wife decided to clean out the wood burner one afternoon. The fire had been out for 2 days. She pushed the wheel barrow full of ash outside under the deck. Luckily my neighbor was a smoker. At mid-night, he called me and says" Hey you have a flue fire". I run out on the deck and look up. No fire but a lot of smoke. The wheel barrow was fully engulfed under the deck and fire was licking up a post. There is still a melted plastic stain on the concrete. My new barrow is steel.

When I lived in a rural part of NE Georgia many homes had wood burning stoves. A fireman friend said that many of their calls were to locations where someone had cleaned out the ash from the stove placing the contents in a coal bucket or ashcan only to place it on a front porch. Best case scenario this would scorch the wood under the bucket, worse case scenario it would start a full fire. It's amazing how long those ashes stay hot.

Back
Top Bottom