The how NOT to rig things thread!

Anyone who's ever walked behind a truck carrying an armload of firewood and bashed their shin into a tow hitch already know the danger of these balls.

The export versions could be had with a diesel engine. Lots of Youtube videos of folks from right hand drive countries modifying, using and destroying XJ's.

IMG_1656-picsay.JPG

Yes. Sad but true.

PLEASE don't do this folks!!!
Preaching to the choir... How do you get this message out to the general public? A big part of the problem is the lack of legit tow points on modern vehicles. My sister slid her Kia off her lane a few weeks ago. I had to wrap a chain around her lower control arm. Luckily my 7000 lb truck was able to just gently pull her out. It was the only option we had.

"...The two men were using a tow strap to attempt to free Pineur’s stuck vehicle. Officials say the receiver hitch from the other vehicle broke while they were attempting to remove Pineur’s truck, "causing the partial receiver hitch and trailer ball to propel towards Pineur’s vehicle."

So help me understand here. Did the 2" receiver actually break or was it the pin or what??? Or the actual hitch itself...

It almost sounds like the bolts holding the hitch receiver may have broken...

Maybe I need another cup of coffee this am...

"...The two men were using a tow strap to attempt to free Pineur’s stuck vehicle. Officials say the receiver hitch from the other vehicle broke while they were attempting to remove Pineur’s truck, "causing the partial receiver hitch and trailer ball to propel towards Pineur’s vehicle."

So help me understand here. Did the 2" receiver actually break or was it the pin or what??? Or the actual hitch itself...

It almost sounds like the bolts holding the hitch receiver may have broken...

Maybe I need another cup of coffee this am...

:dunno

From the level of neglect that I see up in the rust belt, I wouldn't be surprised by a failure of any combination of those.

Back
Top Bottom