The Everyman Van

Wow, really like how clean the interior is with that wood floor and the side/roof panels.
I agree! That is something I would pay for... spartan, easy to maintain interior that promotes visibility. I'm anxious to see what's next.

Although often clever, many of the custom vans are too personalized with builders decorating notions, which often conflict with consumers tastes. Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) is a brilliant strategy that it appears you've embraced with this project - smart move!

I agree! That is something I would pay for... spartan, easy to maintain interior that promotes visibility. I'm anxious to see what's next.

Although often clever, many of the custom vans are too personalized with builders decorating notions, which often conflict with consumers tastes. Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) is a brilliant strategy that it appears you've embraced with this project - smart move!
basically, yeah.

The interior structures will be close to the same as the last van, with matching fabric sides nad bottom cabinet covering, and a weathered grey stain. Super neutral, but easy to change if someone wants to have some pizzaz.

Hopefuly this will get people on board to put an order in and choose all their own colors and stuff.

Got alot done, but not as much as id like over hte past week or so.
Sick today, so sending in an update!
Wiring is 100% complete, battery tie down made, and pads from movement made. 100AH AGM battery, with DC to DC Charging, and 200watts of solar. Should be pretty golden. Can also monitor your voltages via Ctek App. Its not quite victron level, but its much less expensive.
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
As always all stainless. Fasteners and tie down
Then installed the rather pricey Alpine Mechanism swivels. Must have for every van for sure

Horrible picture but mounted up the bed mount tracks. Will open up the holes a bit more so they sit more flush. Plenty of structure for the bed
Then i build the bed frame. Its actually an inch narrower at the back than the front, go figure. Is what it is i guess.
Ill add in some more structure, then skin the top with some composite aluminum as always. Should fit a queen bed butted up against the back door.

Did some cad work last night to get the wheel well covers and supports welded into the bed.
Welded up both of the wheel well covers, all Tig welded and ready to be covered. I do have matching fabric to skin the boxes and cabinets in, so that will happen as well.

Next up today is to do some electrical work on a customer van, finish up the bed frame protrusion into the door area, and start on the galley. May need to make it a bit longer, as it will be sliding under the bed, so i can maximize storage space!
design by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

Got the cabinet unit for the fridge slide completed yesterday
Dometic Slide Based Cabinet by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

Next up is to start working on the Galley today! Then the upper cabinets, and send it out for cabinet faces and powder! Getting close :)

Galley and fridge cabinet are all done and skinned with composite. Headed out to my cabinet guy, then ill cover the composite with matching fabric!
Next up is the upper cabinets and this build is pretty much done

The Galley has predrilled and located Lagun Table mount as well, so if you would like to add it, no need to worry about how to mount it!

Galley and fridge cabinet are all done and skinned with composite. Headed out to my cabinet guy, then ill cover the composite with matching fabric!
Next up is the upper cabinets and this build is pretty much done

The Galley has predrilled and located Lagun Table mount as well, so if you would like to add it, no need to worry about how to mount it!

What’s the latest Grant?

Got some more done!
Upper cabinet is all finished and fitted. Direct bolt in on adventure wagon kits. just gotta add side framing in and then skin the sides and bottom! Three of these will go in each van for upper storage.

Also got the fender well cover all done!

I will finish covering the other fenderwell cover tomorrow and skin the upper cabinets!.

All that is left on the van really is for a cabinet person to finish up the drawers and faces!

Finally at a solid point. About to drop everything off for powdercoat. Finishing up the galley assembly and drawers before taking it all apart.

Then I welded up a one piece step/cab and cargo trim piece

And even better. Hired a good friend to do a bunch of welding so i can get ahead. building four vans worth of interiors :)
This is four galley units and 8 wheel well covers
The fridge units and most of the upper cabinets are done as well at this point

Back
Top Bottom