The AAV Wallpaper Thread

Absolutely stunningly beautiful. These are the reasons why I want to come to California. Breathtaking country!

Thanks Dan!

I have spent most of my life exploring just the southern half of this state and I am still in awe of its beauty. The scenery, geology, topography, plant life etc. seems to change magically and dramatically around every turn. The vast expanse of high and low deserts is glorious! The mountains are spectacular and offer an amazingly varied and stunning experience depending on where you go.

Then there are the Sierras. John Muir summed it up best:

"And after ten years spent in the heart of it, rejoicing and wondering, bathing in its glorious floods of light, seeing the sunburst of morning among the icy peaks, the noonday radiance on the trees and rocks and snow, the flush of aspen-glow, and a thousand dashing waterfalls with their marvelous abundance of irised spray, it (the Sierra Nevada) seems to me above all others the Range of Light, the most divinely beautiful of all the mountain chains I have ever seen"

-John Muir, "My First Summer in the Sierra"

I could go on and on but I have to get some work done!

Oh, here's a couple of desert shots for you:

Near the Mojave Road:
DSC_0665.jpg

Landers Sunset:
DSC_0074.jpg

cam

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful pictures Cam! Peter Pande is on the to-do list since the girlfriend found out about it last year. Once we get time away from work, we're definitely heading up there as your images entice me even more.

Beautiful pictures Cam! Peter Pande is on the to-do list since the girlfriend found out about it last year. Once we get time away from work, we're definitely heading up there as your images entice me even more.

Hey Richard!

Thanks. How did she find out about Peter Pande? Was it one of my posts?

Cam

Last edited:
Hey Richard!

Thanks. How did she find out about Peter Pande? Was it one of my posts?

Cam

She was browsing around the Sierra's on a map looking for a lake to camp at, and came across Peter Pande. Your recent post just renewed my interest in the backpacking trip. I'll be showing her your pictures and this just might spark her interest again since it's been quite awhile. :)

Wow! Cam, your pictures are awesome!:wow One of your Peter Pande lake shots is my new wallpaper.

Back
Top Bottom