Tesla Cyber Truck

Someone did a Ken Block Hoonitruck mock-up.

78151590_10157244620489902_4894251113672343552_n.jpg
78364371_10157244620494902_3643325460462436352_n.jpg
78934117_10157244620609902_8618312218313752576_n.jpg
77311577_10157244620624902_2438728992409255936_n.jpg

Can't wait until they let that man drive one. He did a press release preview in the new Mustang Mach E and kept asking if he could "hoon" it. At the time there were only 3 of the vehicle in existence and the Ford execs were quite nervous to let him drive it.... During the course of the video he admitted it was the first time he'd ever driven an electric vehicle.

Found the video:

Hitting the bottle a little early? :p

I can't help but think they designed the truck so ugly to garner attention- Musk always strikes me as a bit of a huckster as well.

I can't help but think they designed the truck so ugly to garner attention- Musk always strikes me as a bit of a huckster as well.

"There are literally millions of people that buy a Ford F150. Then, five years later, buy another Ford F150, and then, six, seven years later, buy another Ford F150," explained famous tech reviewer Marques Brownlee on YouTube. "And so if you come out with a new Tesla pickup truck that looks kind of just like the Ford F150, and instead of an engine it has a battery and some motors and a Tesla logo on it, they're not going to buy it. Just like they didn't buy the other competition that kind of looks like it. They're just going to buy another F150."

Elon Musk Made the Cybertruck Ugly on Purpose--and It's the Smartest Thing He's Ever Done

Maybe, but everyone I know thinks it's ugly as hell, even the folks who like his cars for some reason. I have zero interest in any of his land based vehicles, his spaceships are pretty cool though.

Maybe, but everyone I know thinks it's ugly as hell, even the folks who like his cars for some reason. I have zero interest in any of his land based vehicles, his spaceships are pretty cool though.

You haven't seen the "armor glass" video. I was interested in being a passenger until I saw that!

OK, I watched it. I like how he shrugs off stuff, he's definitely driven but it'd make me a bit leery of wanting to be one of the passengers on his space flights (not that I could afford it).

It reminded me of safety glass used in windshields. Tempered glass is used in the other windows of a vehicle for safety reasons, it's designed to shatter into small pieces. It'd be easy enough to make laminated glass for the other windows (such as bullet resistant glass) but that makes it a lot harder to extricate folks if you have to- armored vehicle extrication sucks.

SpaceX or Cybertruck glass?

His overconfidence in and arrogance regarding his glass makes me rethink being a passenger trying to leave the atmosphere in one of his vehicles. And I’m a huge fan of his. Not sure I want to jump in his vacuum tubes either at this point.

I don't get the love for Musk, the thread on a certain other forum is a great example of the weird cult like status he seems to hold with some folks. He's got some neat ideas but he just comes across as a bit of a shyster, snake oil salesman, eccentric Howard Hughes type (only because he has tons of money- mostly because investors keep dumping money into his schemes). I'm not saying pursuing electric vehicles isn't worthwhile, I think it is on a couple of levels but most of his true believers can't be bothered to think about things like the overall costs (I've met a few who couldn't even grasp past the "well duh, you plug it in" part of where are we going to get this extra energy). JMHO and I'm obviously not a wealthy person who mingles in those circles.

His overconfidence in and arrogance regarding his glass makes me rethink being a passenger trying to leave the atmosphere in one of his vehicles. And I’m a huge fan of his. Not sure I want to jump in his vacuum tubes either at this point.

Since it's close to Christmas....

Glass? Who gives a [redacted] about glass?
someone-other-than-bruce-willis-to-play-john-mcclane-in-new-die-hard-movie-3-1556670118-XT0z-c...jpg

Honestly. You're more likely to be blown up on the launch pad then having an issue with the glass on a Space X flight. Not a bust against the quality of of what Space X builds. Just the reality of setting several tons of rocket-grade kerosene and liquid oxygen on fire.

Since it's close to Christmas....

Glass? Who gives a [redacted] about glass?
View attachment 48550

Honestly. You're more likely to be blown up on the launch pad then having an issue with the glass on a Space X flight. Not a bust against the quality of of what Space X builds. Just the reality of setting several tons of rocket-grade kerosene and liquid oxygen on fire.

Blown up on launch seems preferable to something like this.

Blown up on launch seems preferable to something like this.

It would be but that wouldn't happen. You'd just be asphyxiated and pass out with cardiac arrest occurring in about 40 seconds of pressure loss. Happened in 1971 to Soyuz 11 when a pressure equalization valve was jolted open as the descent module separated from the service module during reentry exposing the crew to a vacuum.

How could someone work this if they wanted to travel anywhere cross country.

You could carry 10kW generator now that there's the capability to do so. The 120V/240V 50A outlet is enough to run a level 2 Tesla charger. It has an 8 gallon fuel tank for 6 hours of continuous operation at full load when running on gasoline, That works out to 27 miles of range charged per hour and 200 miles of range with 10 gallons of gas. You can also use propane but I don't have specs on the run time / lbs used.

So. If you charge up to full before you leave you can have about a 700 mile range with 10 gal of gas.
A08C_131818010141876450anpsqEJHiC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom