• STORAGE: 100 FT3
  • VAULT LENGTH: 6.5 FT
  • TOWING CAPACITY: 14,000+ LBS
  • AUTOPILOT: STANDARD
  • ADAPTIVE AIR SUSPENSION: STANDARD
  • GROUND CLEARANCE: UP TO 16"
  • APPROACH ANGLE: 35 DEGREES
  • DEPARTURE ANGLE: 28 DEGREES

It's growing on me, those specs are crazy. Who remembers 1994, when at the time many said this was ugliest truck ever. Dodge was done! Now it looks completely normal
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

I like the concept. In real world use... if you could charge from the sun and get that 500 mile range... it would be intriguing. I don't care for the looks but that is the case with almost everything made these days.

Length: 231.7"
Wheelbase: 149.9"
Width: 79.8"
Height: 75" @ 12" clearance
Bed Width: 57"

Last edited:
In my not so humble opinion... Being an industrial designer, someone's ass and their entire team would've already been fired for putting out something like this. But then again, all trucks are starting to look exactly the same. It doesn't help that the same designers all float around between the different design houses.

Specs or no specs, its butt ass fugly. It belongs back in the 70s and 80s in some sci-fi flick.

I still feel like we're all getting trolled by Musk, or maybe I just hope that's the case. Personally, if this was just a way to showcase the platform's capability, and if it ended up looking like this concept rendering:

https___hypebeast.com_image_2019_04_tesla-emre-husmen-pickup-truck-concept-001.jpg

I'd probably throw down the money on that. 500 mile range is workable for me for more than just local commuting. And, the performance would be silly fun. IMO @BlkWgn had the best description of this current design... Pinewood derby. That particular look came off as lazy execution even in elementary school. A big nope for me... form is still important, even if the function is there.

Last edited:
I was talking to Garrett's buddy Andy (a genuine design engineer) this last Baja trip and asked why electric/hybrid cars didn't have solar panels on the roof...the answer...solar panels would provide so little charge to the main battery pack that they would be pointless...but auto stop/start on a gas engine will save the planet!:cool:

I was talking to Garrett's buddy Andy (a genuine design engineer) this last Baja trip and asked why electric/hybrid cars didn't have solar panels on the roof...the answer...solar panels would provide so little charge to the main battery pack that they would be pointless...but auto stop/start on a gas engine will save the planet!:cool:

A level 2 Tesla home charger requires 6.6-10 kW to charge 20-30 miles of range per hour. For comparison one gallon of gas is rated at 33.7 kW hours.

Sixty 170W panels would do it. At 11.7 lbs that's 700lbs. With the tri-motor that will leave you with 2800lbs of cargo.

I still feel like we're all getting trolled by Musk, or maybe I just hope that's the case. Personally, if this was just a way to showcase the platform's capability, and it ended up looking like this concept rendering:

View attachment 48438

I'd probably throw down the money on that. 500 mile range is workable for me for more than just local commuting. And, the performance would be silly fun. IMO @BlkWgn had the best description of this current design... Pinewood derby. That particular look came off as lazy execution even in elementary school. A big nope for me... form is still important, even if the function is there.

This is a much more probable scenario.
The wedge is wrong on so many levels...why isn’t the B pillar supporting the peak of the windshield/roof. This design will not provide rollover protection.
The lights were ridiculously bright.
There were no side view mirrors
Can you imagine how hot this car will be with all that glass?
I think the design team/Elon were all smoking way too much weed..

Back
Top Bottom