Tapatalk

coachreese90

Adventurist
Howdy,

I'm not able to access this forum on the Tapatalk app anymore. Their support sent me this:
"That forum is running on an outdated Tapatalk plugin which is likely what is causing the issue for you.
An email notification has been sent to the forum admin with a request to update the plugin. That email was sent a while back though. It might be helpful if you could post something at the forum about it via a web browser in order to catch an admin's attention.

Chris
Tapatalk Support"

If you could please update the plug-in, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know all that stuff and had been out of the forum game for quite awhile, until I got a new phone that could handle it. My group's forum is on there and it is nice having easy access to my favorite forums in one place.

I support American Adventurist and respect your decision.

Best,
Kyle Reese
NW Overland Quest

You may want to look into how Tapatalk uses the info they collect Kyle.
  • They collect device usage and technical information.
  • They also collect location data to periodically determine your actual location. Outside of the EU you have to turn off location services on the device. You can't opt-out in the application.
  • They may collect both types of information while you are not logged into Tapatalk.
  • They may share that aggregated information with advertisers and affiliates. Most likely it will be anonymous but who knows. I still keep all 3 credit bureaus frozen.
This information aggregated will show how you use your device, what content you view, and perhaps your buying habits if you shop online with your phone.
Just like Facebook, Google, etc.. If the service is free then you are the product.

Best regards,
Greg

To clarify what I mean by the following.
  • They may share that aggregated information with advertisers and affiliates. Most likely it will be anonymous but who knows. I still keep all 3 credit bureaus frozen.
While they may anonymize the information they give to advertisers and affiliates there is no way to tell how they store that information internally. e.g. Bongo International LLC (bought by FedEx in 2014) kept sensitive customer data on an open Amazon server between 2009 and 2012. Thousands of scanned documents for citizens in America and globally – with passports, driving licences and security IDs all open for access by the public.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom