Something new for Toyotas: Leentu Camper

Neat design. I wonder how that does with desert winds blasting the side of it when the tent is up. Looks like it would get destroyed at Desert Rendezvous to me, that rear overhang is too high to be of much utility and would act like a sail.

29249311_1340347469444789_898285795708764160_n.jpg

It looks better in the renders. The actual product looks hideous from a design standpoint. Gosh, so few companies hire product designers. It just looks, goofy.

I recall something similar at OVXW two years ago. I remember thinking the same thing, it’s just a kite waiting to happen. I suspect this is the evolution of it based on the lifting mechanism being nearly identical.

Over complicated IMO. I agree with Dave that the back is too high to be of any real value. Why not just have the hard roof go straight up?

I'm glad to see folks coming out with new ideas but I think I'll pass on this. I'd have made it pop straight up and then had some sort of awning attach to the rear.

• Leentu tailored composite camper at 20% off: $8,235 (***ONLY 5 units remaining!)
    • $2,060 savings off the $10,295 MSRP
    • The remaining balance and applicable taxes will be due at commencement of the production run, estimated September 2018.

Oh, hell no...I didn't bother to follow the link to their site. There are WAY too many other options to go for and have some scratch left over for ...oh, I don't know...a motorcycle, or something than to throw down that kind of money. Sorry if anyone here bought one and I offended your purchase.

For Toyota owners...how do you remove the tail lamps on your trucks to replace the bulbs? I had a customer with a GMC Canyon (old body style) come in and his shell prevented us from getting at the screws to remove the tail lamps to replace a bulb (screws are in the jamb for the tailgate). The shell had to be removed (full rear panel, similar to this idea) to get access to the screws.

To remove the tail lights on the Tacoma you drop the tailgate and remove three screws on the side then they pop out.

^^^^From the looks of that shell it may have the same issue that I mentioned regarding access to those screws.

Probably but at 150lbs it wouldn't be too bad for two people. I think the newer Tacomas have LED tail lights; I'd switch to LED bulbs if I had a setup like that, just need load resistors.

Back
Top Bottom