Solo Stove: Anyone seen this fire pit?

I seen it all over my IG as "sponsored". Looks pretty cool but also looks bulky. Pretty sure one will need to go some length to make room for it.

I seen it all over my IG as "sponsored". Looks pretty cool but also looks bulky. Pretty sure one will need to go some length to make room for it.

I’ve seen it, people who have used it are raving about it.

If you look at the way it is made, it's a double wall system that funnels air to help eliminate smoke. Washing tub doesn't prevent smoke, which is the thing I don't like about camp fires.

I bought one...

Pros:
Gets rid of wood in a hurry.
Pretty
Nicely built

Cons:
Wood must be cut to ~12" pieces, IE not "normal" fire wood size
Shoots coals OUT
Bulky
Needs drains in the bottom

It does OK on the smoke, needs a good hot fire for it to work, wet wood, smoldering fire, you get smoke, just like anything else. Keep it hot and stoked it keeps the smoke in a column going up. Its not smokeless, just "well directed".

Goes thru wood in a hurry, probably being force fed air, and needing to keep it hot, it eat thru wood.

Shoots embers out like you would not believe, not sure if its just the shape where the bounces off the inside or mixed with moving air or whatnot.

Its been relegated the to back yard, and my wife dislikes it as it burns the furniture.....

I bought one...

Pros:
Pretty
Nicely built

Cons:
Wood must be cut to ~12" pieces, IE not "normal" fire wood size
Shoots coals OUT
Bulky
Needs drains in the bottom

It does OK on the smoke, needs a good hot fire for it to work, wet wood, smoldering fire, you get smoke, just like anything else. Keep it hot and stoked it keeps the smoke in a column going up. Its not smokeless, just "well directed".

Goes thru wood in a hurry, probably being force fed air, and needing to keep it hot, it eat thru wood.

Shoots embers out like you would not believe, not sure if its just the shape where the bounces off the inside or mixed with moving air or whatnot.

Its been relegated the to back yard, and my wife dislikes it as it burns the furniture.....

Thanks for the honest review!

I have one. It is bulky but it has it’s own carry bag and it burns super clean. I like the fact that it is self contained.

Attachments

• B45272CF-BDA4-4AE7-B13A-454A565879E3.jpeg
    B45272CF-BDA4-4AE7-B13A-454A565879E3.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom