Sold: Rare "Rubicon Cargo Trailer"

TXJeepers

Adventurist
Rubicon Cargo Trailers were hand-built in Toledo, Ohio in the late 1990's-early 2000's, from four CJ-7 quarter panels, a CJ-7 fold-down tailgate, and CJ-7 taillights. This particular model, which was custom ordered by me, has TJ style fender flares and a TJ bumper. It has two storage compartments behind the wheel wells that are closed by CJ-7 glove box doors. The trailer has a Rhino style lining, a drain plug, and was advertised as being able to float. It has a 3500 lb Torflex axle with electric drum brakes and was built with a 5 on 4 1/2' bolt pattern and I have put on 5 on 5" wheel converters to match my Jeep JK. The tongue is both removable and adjustable in length. There are two jerry can holders on the front of the trailer. The trailer has a pull handle style emergency brake on the tongue to keep it secured when off the trailer. The color is currently Billet Silver to match my JK but obviously can be repainted at will. The wheels are Jeep JK Rubicon wheels with stock 32" BFG mud terrain tires that came on JK's from the factory. There is a custom machine shop-built diamond plate aluminum lockable top with four tie down bars. Jeep and the Rubicon Cargo Trailer Manufacturing Company traded lawsuits when Jeep announced the new Rubicon trim level and as part of the settlement the RCTM Co shut down operation. I've never seen another one listed for sale. This is someone's chance to own a very rare, yet very functional, trailer.

Trailer is located in San Diego, CA and is priced at $4495. (The three older photos really show how photography has improved over the past few years!)

R3512I.jpg
R3516I.jpg
R3517I.jpg
R3522I.jpg
RCT1.JPG
RCT2.JPG
RCT3.JPG

This could be an opportunity for two guys to buy the trailer together and share its use. I store it in my garage in front of my Jeep with the rear bumper on the floor and the tongue straight up in the air.

Back
Top Bottom