Socal Meet @ Los Coyotes Camp

Im throwing this out there to see if anyone wants to do a meet at Los Cayotes for a weekend? for me most of April is show with wedding anniversary and the ventura county offroad expo. i could possibly do end of March.

Post up what you guys think....

EDIT:
ok so here is a list of people that have either said they are going or are tentative for March 18th-20th....

Raul B
Scott
Bob91yj
sepudo
Blkwgn (tentative)
Richard310(tentarive)
Chevurai
Dirtdustand4x4
Roamingrobertsons
Gallowbraid
Fozroamer (tentative)
Jismay
Jim
Wc6glenn
Dragon x

-Raul

Last edited:
Los Coyotes Indian Reservation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

The 18th through 20th would work great for me.. I have my ccw interview the morning of the 1ith then I could pick up the kid when that's over and head out...

Raul, call the tribe, or I can, to make sure we can still camp there. I think they have closed the trails again, camping may still be open. The politics of the tribe drive me crazy with their open again, closed again schedule.

Last edited:
Raul, call the tribe, or I can, to make sure we can still camp there. I think they have closed the trails again, camping may still be open. The politics of the tribe drive me crazy with their open again, closed again schedule.
I have actually never been but can definitely make the call. Unless someone else here has a good relationship with them already.

If the 18th through 20th works for everyone I passed it by the cfo and she said go so I can break in the new camp gear before overland expo. I'd probably be arriving Friday mid afternoon..

If the 18th through 20th works for everyone I passed it by the cfo and she said go so I can break in the new camp gear before overland expo. I'd probably be arriving Friday mid afternoon..
My wife said yes as well. But I would have to come up early sat morning or get there really late Fri.

Having never been to los coyotes is it first come first serve? How do the camping arrangements work? I'm willing to stake a spot for us all of I am the first one there.

Has anyone camped there before? Not a lot of info available on the web about this place. Is it a regular camp ground? Looks like maybe fires are out of the question. Would this be a camping trip or a four wheeling trip?

I just called the tribe, we can still camp there. I told them we would have a group of about 10 vehicles. We need to get a list going so I have a somewhat accurate count of vehicles. It's $25 a night to camp, NO AMENITIES, fires are questionable depending on conditions. Propane fire pit/stoves etc are OK.

Do a search for past LCIR trips on this forum for pictures and info on the campground. The basics are...campground is at 4000', under a canopy of old growth oaks/pines. Campground is wide open, no designated spots, rarely anyone there but us. There is the possibility of trail runs, but I wouldn't count on it.

This is PRIVATE LAND. Off roaders had a good thing going there 10 years or so ago. WE blew it, the final straw was some ass-hat driving a truck through a burial ground. I'm not concerned with our group, just throwing it out there.

What's accepted for payment? Cash only or is plastic acceptable? I have no plans for doing a trail run.. Just wanna hang out in camp. Does anyone that is going have a propane pit? If not it gives me an excuse to buy the overland firebowl I've been eyeing...

Back
Top Bottom