Snow Peak....anonymous

I'm still partial to my old school Baja burner... Space and weight aren't THAT much of an issue.... for my tank Land Cruiser..

I love my Snow Peak hammer, and over the last decade it has seen some hard use. It’s nice that the copper head can be replaced when it gets all mushroomed out.

9564FFE0-AAFB-4B58-A8D8-C37F891D39CE.jpeg

46647B84-D397-4721-B6B7-2A80C6332F05.jpeg

30A168C1-DD21-48FF-87C7-B4F330C6C9FA.jpeg

My newest acquisition along side I think my first. 450 double wall stackable, next to a well used 450 double wall with handles. The new one even came pre-dented, i will add more dents soon so no worries from me. The discoloration on the new is because I washed it and it's still wet, it has perfect finish.
IMG_20200328_121105.jpg
IMG_20200328_121123.jpg

Amazon has the Baja burner for $135, around 25% off, so I finally picked one up. Looking forward to it, sure it is good quality. It will replace a one burner Coleman stove.

My old Primus EtaPower pot was getting a bit long in the tooth. Base was crushed a bit so it doesn’t sit well on the burner and the Teflon started to come off on the inside. Poked around and figured out the Snow Peak Trek 900 cook set was an almost exact replacement size. Couldn't miss the opportunity to justify buying some Snow Peak kit! 75% of the time I just boil water in this for coffee in the morning but during ski season I heat up soup in it as well. The Primus burner and wind screen along with the gas bottle all fit just like the Primus pot.
7B77D5F7-8202-4002-838D-C037340111C9.jpeg
6E8F3F4D-E799-4C59-B555-4C6D864B8C6E.jpeg
37F3DA02-5FC8-4D3C-B1C4-B0430AE4962F.jpeg
9E99B964-7551-4C22-A317-45B43CD42A7C.jpeg

My old Primus EtaPower pot was getting a bit long in the tooth. Base was crushed a bit so it doesn’t sit well on the burner and the Teflon started to come off on the inside. Poked around and figured out the Snow Peak Trek 900 cook set was an almost exact replacement size. Couldn't miss the opportunity to justify buying some Snow Peak kit! 75% of the time I just boil water in this for coffee in the morning but during ski season I heat up soup in it as well. The Primus burner and wind screen along with the gas bottle all fit just like the Primus pot. View attachment 52040View attachment 52041View attachment 52042View attachment 52043
how long id you own that?

Ok call me geeky if you want. I replaced my cast iron Lodge skillet for a All Clad stainless mostly due to cleaning and on going maintenance. In the PNW it is often damp or humid. No mater how diligent I was with upkeep, cleaning and maintenance my cast iron had to be seasoned a couple times a year. With a couple pounds of food in it it was down right heavy.

All Clad had a big sale this spring so I jumped at nearly 50% off.

To my surprise the All Clad is almost 1/3 the weight!

Seems to me its a better weight reduction than the Death Bagel Recovery Pulley!

62C6EEE6-2DA0-4885-B36D-5EC9D4E14D40.jpeg
062781C7-454A-4D0D-A81E-C48AB1CE3C95.jpeg
372E67ED-A390-4CFB-8869-EA0FFB82FD79.jpeg
C079930A-F561-41AA-A9D4-FD9E383B09C2.jpeg

Has anyone ever used a SnowPeak Tent? I am thinking about getting the Amenity Dome M. In the past all my ground tents have been Nemo as I needed to watch the weight for backpacking.
FF52EDE6-F5D5-414D-A323-9D1FEC81E430.jpeg

Has anyone ever used a SnowPeak Tent? I am thinking about getting the Amenity Dome M. In the past all my ground tents have been Nemo as I needed to watch the weight for backpacking. View attachment 52463

Although I have not actually camped in one. I have had my hands on many, both packed and unpacked. I always found them to be too bulky when packed and similarly heavy for backpacking use. No doubt quality gear, but if not used for car camping, better to stick with Nemo IMO.

I have my first bit of Snow Peak kit on order. I’ve had a Kettle #1 on my wish list for years. I was looking the other day, and it is listed as out of stock or discontinued at all the usual places. Checked Snow Peak’s site and they still list it for $19, so I placed an order.

I don’t know how well it will work, but at that price, I don’t want to miss out if it really is being discontinued. It can always join other stuff on my shelf of misfit toys. On my twig stove, I currently use an aluminum kettle like the GSI one that I've had for about 40 years, but I've been tending to get away from aluminum.

I've been holding out for an Eagle Products Norwegian Camp Kettle with the waxed canvas bag, but haven't convinced myself the spend the money for one.

Although I have not actually camped in one. I have had my hands on many, both packed and unpacked. I always found them to be too bulky when packed and similarly heavy for backpacking use. No doubt quality gear, but if not used for car camping, better to stick with Nemo IMO.

Agreed. I like their tents, but they do tend to be... complex. With instructions in Japanese if at all.

YMMV.

I know that "Snow Peak" can be a four letter word (x2) for a lot of people. Even for those that are not in an addictive relationship with their gear... Notice I said gear?! Not their hipster-centric clothing and soap, but actual GEAR; which most know all too well is becoming more and more unobtanium as the world turns. With that said; I would like to start a thread here to showcase members collections, rants and raves (leaning more towards the ranting side) about their crappy marketing practices, provide reviews and offer up an anonymous circle of trust and support network for those suffering from Snow Peak Addiction.

I know that there is a LONG running thread running on another forum, (which I actively participate in) it's pretty much the only thing I go there for, besides the classifieds; but I feel like its time to reach out to my fellow American Adventurists, HERE, to offer up support so that we no longer have to exist in the shadows...in shame... as "Snow Peak Addicts" I feel that with this new thread many of us can evolve into the RECOVERING phase of OUR Snow Peak addictions.

Even though no new products have been added to the IGT line in quite some time; it is becoming more and more difficult to procure. The used and black markets have become the go-to places to acquire IGT gear making it more and more challenging to slake ones cravings for their IGT fix. So, without further ado...

I shall begin....

Hi. My name is Ryan and I am a Snow Peak addict. While I don't love ALL things Snow Peak; I DO have a particular fetish with their IGT line of gear... It is very finely crafted with exquisite attention to detail and from the finest materials; from bamboo, canvas and cotton to Stainless Steel, aluminum and titanium... some from even the rarest of elements...UNOBTAINUM!

My addiction began many years ago when I first met a man named Dave B. Some of you may know this nefarious character... At the time I only owned a Snow Peak spork; completely oblivious to their other offerings... Dave B. was the equivalent of a street level dealer... out there in the desert showing off his set-up by offering complimentary succulent victuals and the finest libations. Culinary delights sprang forth from his Snow Peak IGT stove and BBQ box. We sat at a Snow Peak table; resting on Snow Peak chairs. The cuisine was served on Snow Peak plates and consumed with Snow Peak flatware.. the drinks flowed from Snow Peak beverage vessels .... all under a Snow Peak outdoor shade structure (secured in place with Snow Peak stakes, pounded in with a Snow Peak hammer, which were stored in nifty little Snow Peak bags).... you get the idea.

From that day on I was hooked and didn't even know it yet. As I researched other Snow Peak items I scoffed at the prices and the silliness of some of it.... (still do to this very day) But I AM a firm believer in you get what you pay for..... Fast forward to today and that lone spork has grown into a collection that contains more IGT gear than the Snow Peak store (itself) has in stock at any given moment... which isn't really saying much, but it's quite literally a LOT of stuff!! (I'll get to that later)

For now, please share with us your Snow Peak gear collections, stories, reviews, rants and raves. (don't be afraid to sell it off to fellow addicts, either) :p Photos are highly encouraged as well.

Rare element?UNOBTAINUM! ? I thiught it was alumatainum?

Back
Top Bottom