SITE UPGRADES

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Be advised that over the next few days we will be working on the site. This may result in some glitches as we tweak things so if you see anything this week do not be alarmed as we are poking around under the hood here.

:coffee

Please tell me you're fixing the Explorer missed key strokes issue.

Easiest fix Bob is to use Chrome or Firefox or Safari - Internet Explorer is buggy as all get out.

But thanks for bringing it up

The primary program I use for work only works on Explorer, doesn't work on Chrome, is the reason I don't switch. This is the only forum I've have the issue with.

The primary program I use for work only works on Explorer, doesn't work on Chrome, is the reason I don't switch. This is the only forum I've have the issue with.

:facepalm

Well heck, Dave - Bob presents a real solid case why you shouldn't upgrade to the latest superior technology available to support the rest of the world. :rolleyes:

What the heck would Bob do on the job if he couldn't use his work computer to surf the internet? :sarcasm

Now if Bob tells us he's union and it's in his contract... :D

:D

Bob, this is most likely NOT a forum issue so try this:

Go to Tools> Internet Options> Security and UNcheck "Enable Protected Mode".

Restart explorer and now the keyboard should function normally.

Missing keystrokes in IE is a common problem.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...es-in-ie/785346de-a7c5-481b-84fb-407576874707

Missing keystrokes can be caused by a problem with an IE add-on. Try running IE with all add-ons disabled.

I believe if you go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools, there is an option for running IE with no add-ons.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling IE.

:coffee

:facepalm

Well heck, Dave - Bob presents a real solid case why you shouldn't upgrade to the latest superior technology available to support the rest of the world. :rolleyes:

:D
Masterful job reading between the lines...I suppose I'm the only guy in the world that works at home time to time? I guess I missed the part where I asked for the upgrades not to happen. I love it when the cavalry comes charging half cocked around here!

If you signed my paycheck the work crack might be relative.

Bob, I believe Tim's reference to upgrading technology is in regards to our behind the scenes discussion about bigger software upgrades like ditching vBulletin in favor of Xenforo forum software etc. It was a tongue in cheek comment directed at me :)

Masterful job reading between the lines...I suppose I'm the only guy in the world that works at home time to time? I guess I missed the part where I asked for the upgrades not to happen. I love it when the cavalry comes charging half cocked around here!

If you signed my paycheck the work crack might be relative.

For J. H. Christ's sake, not again -- damn Bob, you have got to have tissue-paper thin skin.

My mistake - you're awesome and a superior human being. :stars

Wait, even if Bob uses IE for work, why wouldnt he be able to use Chrome to surf? I use IE for lots of stuff, I havent quite figured Chrome out yet and still do some stuff in IE, but will have some pages open in Chrome and some open in IE at the same time. Seems to work OK on my old out of date computer. Chrome came loaded on this, and my last one, I didnt even have to load it.

Disregard if I'm too tired and dont understand what the heck is going on.

Wait, even if Bob uses IE for work, why wouldnt he be able to use Chrome to surf? I use IE for lots of stuff, I havent quite figured Chrome out yet and still do some stuff in IE, but will have some pages open in Chrome and some open in IE at the same time. Seems to work OK on my old out of date computer. Chrome came loaded on this, and my last one, I didnt even have to load it.

Disregard if I'm too tired and dont understand what the heck is going on.

I do the same as you plus I have Firefox as well. For some reason I don't understand some pages work better on different systems, although by far and large I've had consistently good results operating from Chrome.

Somehow just having Google loaded on a computer screws up our ADP system, or so says our IT guys. That's not the only irregularity with ADP, for whatever reason when running ADP, only about 1/3 of the screen is used. Drives me crazy that I have a large monitor screen, but only a portion of it is used for the primary system I use to get my job done. I'll be the first to admit that our IT department isn't the cream of the crop. Monday is my busiest day, they chose Monday morning to do a system migration, just for example.

I tried what Dave recommended for adjusting my Explorer settings, I thought it was better, then it started doing it again.

My skin is plenty thick, just get a rash now and again.

Just as long as chafing doesn't set in. Chafing never ends well, especially if it's windy.

;)

I tried what Dave recommended for adjusting my Explorer settings, I thought it was better, then it started doing it again.

If you haven't already, try clicking here, scrolling down to Miscellaneous Options, and selecting either the Standard Editor or Basic Editor options. It still won't be 100%, but should minimize any missing keystrokes or stray line breaks (return key) issues.

Edit - speaking of not 100%, quotes may or may not work. I had to edit in Chrome to get the quote into this post as intended.

Back
Top Bottom