Shower in a Box: The Camp Shower Thread

Looks awesome. For those unfamiliar with fittings, mounts and hoses--do you have a full parts list? Which Zarges box is that?

The box is a Zarges K-470 series 40678 - exact same size as a 60L AluBox.

Mounting inside the box is with simple stainless steel hardware as shown.

For plumbing, the key to the QuickHot is adapting the Euro threads for the propane and water to US. Here’s what I used, available on Amazon:

AE17C95E-9AAA-4FC2-97A9-960DBE487DC1.jpeg

Then I used some 1/2 street elbows (brass) to orient the lines out of the box. Make sure you use Teflon tape rated for propane use (see yellow tape). Gas line and regulator are standard 3/8 low pressure BBQ grill stuff.

The 12v pump is a Pentair Shurflo sourced from Toboa Energy in WI, the website and model number is visible in the photo. It’s 1.3 GPM and 60 PSI which is ideal. I just added a longer lead with a 12v cigarette plug.

That’s exactly what it is. These things are literally unobtainium today. Still going strong!
He's a good friend of mine. I was lucky to get one and mine looks better every time I use it. He's moved from Minnesota to Colorado and doesn't make them anymore.

He's a good friend of mine. I was lucky to get one and mine looks better every time I use it. He's moved from Minnesota to Colorado and doesn't make them anymore.

Yeah, I saw the website was still there but redirects to other stuff.

For plumbing, the key to the QuickHot is adapting the Euro threads for the propane and water to US. Here’s what I used, available on Amazon:

View attachment 57055

Then I used some 1/2 street elbows (brass) to orient the lines out of the box. Make sure you use Teflon tape rated for propane use (see yellow tape). Gas line and regulator are standard 3/8 low pressure BBQ grill stuff.

The 12v pump is a Pentair Shurflo sourced from Toboa Energy in WI, the website and model number is visible in the photo. It’s 1.3 GPM and 60 PSI which is ideal. I just added a longer lead with a 12v cigarette plug.
Thanks! Totally didn't think of Euro fitting issue...

View attachment 57055

Couple of questions:

Where did you buy the Quick-Hot?

The other is tricky--and don't get me wrong; I want to do a setup similar to yours. (At first I was thinking identical, but...) As a safety concern... BSF and BSW (British) threads (the Quick-Hot uses BSF) are really not directly compatible with UNF and UNC (American) threads. For one thing, the threads-per-inch don't line up. So it seems you're relying on Teflon tape to plug the gaps in a propane fitting? Or am I missing something (which is totally possible)? If not, you might want to look into BSF to UNF or UNC adapters, if they exist and the BSF threads remain intact...

Last edited:
Couple of questions:

Where did you buy the Quick-Hot?

The other is tricky--and don't get me wrong; I want to do a setup similar to yours. (At first I was thinking identical, but...) As a safety concern... BSF and BSW (British) threads (the Quick-Hot uses BSF) are really not directly compatible with UNF and UNC (American) threads. For one thing, the threads-per-inch don't line up. So it seems you're relying on Teflon tape to plug the gaps in a propane fitting? Or am I missing something (which is totally possible)? If not, you might want to look into BSF to UNF or UNC adapters, if they exist and the BSF threads remain intact...

The Quick Hot is from Quick Pitch

Earlier in the thread I posted the adapters that I’m using to solve the thread issue. They’re a perfect fit.

The Teflon tape is specifically rated for LPG use and is just an extra precaution. Part of any figment process with propane is to test for leaks with soapy water. There are no issues here :)

One of the best things about REAL camping all alone is the ability to get buck nekkid for a shower. Wouldn’t want to show up to Overland Expo smelling like #vanlife

E799656A-68D0-4295-8FC0-CD433E950F2C.jpeg

I am just putting the finishing touches on the shower for my Tundra nice sureflow pump have in in a pelican box. I am almost done with it I will have to post some pictures soon.

Back
Top Bottom