Ryan’s Jeep Gladiator JT

RLD Designs has a shipment arriving soon but they’re near $4k once you add freight and even higher if you get options added to it. I will wait for more manufacturers to hit the cap market before I purchase. I love Alucab products, they are supposedly releasing a cap next year for the JT.

I just spoke to an Alu-Cab dealer today. They have test fitted one a few weeks ago and decided to make a couple of modifications. The final Beta tester is on its way to the US now and should be fitted in the first half of November. If the fitting works they will begin production immediately with shipments scheduled to arrive stateside in the Jan/Feb timeframe.
i will be preordering one in the next few days....

I just spoke to an Alu-Cab dealer today. They have test fitted one a few weeks ago and decided to make a couple of modifications. The final Beta tester is on its way to the US now and should be fitted in the first half of November. If the fitting works they will begin production immediately with shipments scheduled to arrive stateside in the Jan/Feb timeframe.
i will be preordering one in the next few days....

That is excellent news! Did they give you any guess what it will cost? I’m guessing around the same as a Taco Top.

Might just have to save my pennies for one. Was gonna try and get away with the Leitner Rack but I think we’d be much happier long term with a shell.

That is excellent news! Did they give you any guess what it will cost? I’m guessing around the same as a Taco Top.

Might just have to save my pennies for one. Was gonna try and get away with the Leitner Rack but I think we’d be much happier long term with a shell.

They said it would be similar to the Taco pricing. I asked him to send that to me and here’s what he sent..

Canopies
Short bed Canopy, Silver, Tread plate, full rear door $2995.00
Short bed Canopy, Silver, Smooth plate, full rear door $2995.00
Short bed Canopy, Black, Tread plate, full rear door $2995.00
Short bed Canopy, Black, Smooth plate, full rear door $2995.00

Standard Options
ALUC-A-CB560-B Canopy cupboard (for standard canopies) 750 mm (l) BLACK $219.00
ALUC-A-CB1250-B Canopy cupboard (for standard canopies) 1250mm (l)BLACK $450.00
ALUC-A-RKIT Canopy cupboard Mesh Kitting (Includes 750mm cupboard) $375.00
ALUC-A-KKIT Canopy cupboard Kitchen Kitting Kit (Includes 750mm cupboard $895.00
ALUC-A-TBL-BKT Canopy Ceiling Table Mount Kit $75.00
ALUC-A-TBL Aluminum Folding Camp Table $395.00
ALUC-A-AMO-SLIDE Canopy Ammo Box Slide $345.00
ALUTRXT Traxtable W/ Canopy Mounting Kit $745.00
ALUC-A-SSP-TBL Side Slide Prep Table $245.00
ALUC-A-LB1450LP Load bars (two), 1 450 mm width Silver low profile $249.00

Freight
Shipping to AVL - $100 commercial shipping

Finn, know that you have you jeep are there items you would add or remove from your dealer build?

Finn, know that you have you jeep are there items you would add or remove from your dealer build?

Yes and no these things can easily get close to $60k with all the options added.

I probably wouldn’t get the safety package again. That included blind spot monitoring and cross path detection. The system seems to have some lag to it. Meaning it takes a while once a vehicle has moved out of my blind spot for the sensor to turn off. It also doesn’t seem to cover as well as a area as the sensors in my Tundra did. The lag bugs me the most.

I would add the bed utility package. That gets you a rear outlet, bed rails and locking under seat storage. I ended up adding the bed rails anyways as some bed rack need them for install. The locking under seat bin would be nice.

I would also add painted Fenders. Being in AZ the UV is sure to fade the fenders eventually.

One of the features I like most was the LED light package. They are BRIGHT! I’ve heard some people compare them to the lights in newer Audi’s.

I’ve been very delayed and adding to this thread. Almost 10k miles and no issues so far. I wanted to keep it stock suspension wise, however doing Broken Arrow in Sedona I did scrape bottom once or twice. This was definitely because of the length of the JT. Break over angle is it’s biggest weakness.

RAM Mounts JL/JT Track Mount.
2C61D740-7BEB-4E35-8572-7C38D6A96FEF.jpeg

ARB Dual Air Compressor unser the passenger seat. There’s no better place for it, not much room under the hood. The wiring is getting cleaned up
77FEDE76-20CB-4F86-8415-0BE7C3FD94CB.jpeg

Finally got the Alucab Tent that I had on my Tundra switched over. I plan on doing a more comprehensive write up on it soon. It’s is one of the only hard shell tents that can carry kayaks on the roof and fit my 6’6 frame. I really wanted to do a Alucab shell as well. But my better half said no more money for car mods. So went with a Leitner ACS Rack.

AE93278F-AE78-4B03-BB5C-5E93CD07838B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom