Rendezvous specific sub-forums

Dean

Adventurist
Founding Member
This is more of an open-ended question rather than a hard-and-fast suggestion.

Has any thought been given to giving each Rendezvous it's own forum sub-section inside the community events forum? From an organizational standpoint I know the double-edged-sword this is making both easier to keep things straight but messier in terms of creating too many small sub-sections for this, that, and everything.

The only reason I ask is it would be nice to keep the overlapping swap meet and activity threads from crowding one forum. Would also be nice to go back and look at photos and thread form past Rendezvous without tripping over all the threads.

Was just a thought I had as I was trying to find threads relating to the Appalachian Rendezvous coming up here soon and there are a lot of great SoCal and Mountain related posts in the mix.

Not sure I follow you Dean... do you mean the title "2015 XX Rendezvous" is not enough to differentiate between the "2015 YY Rendezvous," or "2015 ZZ Rendezvous?"

Is it that X, Y, and Z share the same forum that you find difficult to navigate between the three?

I'm curious to see what went on at the other events and I find it convenient in one location. However, if you find yourself tripping over other threads then that is a different matter entirely. That could be very unsafe and at my advanced age I could trip, fall, and break a hip. We should put up warning signs at a minimum; perhaps some access ramps... :D

I'm curious to see what went on at the other events and I find it convenient in one location.

I am also curious, but I'd was thinking it'd be nice to click on the "Appalachian Rendezvous" sub or "Mountain" or "SoCal" and easily scan through all those posts in one section rather than a meta section with EVERY event (non-rendezvous included) in the mix. That's my definition of convenience. I see the convenience having it both ways, I just tend to over organize things. I found a work-around that may satiate my proclivity for rectal retention levels of organization.

I just hit the New Posts button and read the stuff I want. You can skip all the West Coast / Hollywood stuff and focus on the threads where people are actually allowed to use wood for a campfire and charcoal for their dutch ovens.

I just hit the New Posts button and read the stuff I want. You can skip all the West Coast / Hollywood stuff and focus on the threads where people are actually allowed to use wood for a campfire and charcoal for their dutch ovens.

:bigtroll

;)

I've considered separate sections for each event but for now I think we'll try to keep it simple.

I found a work-around that may satiate my proclivity for rectal retention levels of organization.

I knew a guy like that... it was a challenge for him to deal with that malady; damn near wrecked him. :oops:

I just hit the New Posts button and read the stuff I want.

My default link to the forums here is the "new posts" button. I just created a shortcut that auto-searches for all Appalachian Rendezvous related threads. Seems to get the job done for now.

Back
Top Bottom