Racing? Road, Enduro, XC, DH.

travis.diller

Adventurist
So, lets hear who your favorite riders are, lets see some photos or videos

I have NEVER really been into team sports, I love track and field and the "extreme" sports are always fun... but biking...
I love watching the riders, I found that when I wasn't surfing, watching pros would help me look for tricks to add to the bag as well as techniques. So now that I am "forced" to ride bikes, I LOVE watching bike racing, HECK, I even like watching road racing The riders are incredible. You can keep your NFL...

So, lets hear who your favorite riders are, lets see some photos or videos

DH: Danny Hart
2011 EPIC WIN!
Having Fun...WOW!
DH: Aaron Gwin
NO CHAIN!??

Enduro: Jason Ratboy Bryceland

Road Racing: Peter Sagan

so, i used to be a road/track racer. i did a couple of seasons racing XC too. the past couple of summers, i've been considering trying one of the local big mountain enduro events just for giggles. we'll see.

not a huge fan of road racing these days. it's become very scripted and calculated which is not surprising with the technology gains. but, it makes for a very static race. pay close attention to what team sky does. sagan is an exception. watching him makes it all worth it especially since he enjoys making fun of himself.

he's also quite the gear head.

i don't follow many track racers or XC these days. DH is a bit more exciting for me both to watch and ride. plus it keeps me young. i'm not going to be 45 next summer. i'm not going to be 45 next summer. i'm not going to be 45 next summer.

so, for DH racers...

rachel atherton and her two brothers gee and dan
josh bryceland
aaron gwin
greg minnar
steve peat
sam hill
tahnee seagrave
tracey hannah

then there are the freeride guys. the ones that are missing the self preservation part of your brain.

darren berrecloth
cam zink
graham agassiz
remi metailler
tyler mccaul
kurt sorge
andreu lacondeguy
james doerfling
brandon semenuk

here's a few videos...

the making of that segment is pretty cool to watch too

I don't really watch or follow any MTB action, not out of disinterest in the discipline itself, but more because it takes a backseat to road cycling for me. I watch and participated when I was young. My father is still an avid rider to this day. Even my wife gets into watching it on TV. I find most don't realize what a chess match pro cycling is, rich in tactics and skill. I don't normally have a favorite rider, but I do enjoy seeing some come out on top. As mentioned up top, Peter Sagan is one of those. I was hoping to see Richie Porte do well over the summer in TDF, but that came to an abrupt end. I also wish Nairo Quintana would be able to get it altogether for a TDF win, but will probably never happen.

I've been getting back into riding again and have been using the Peloton heavily in my new cold environment. One of my past favorite riders, George Hincapie, has done a few pro-rider Peloton classes. Always fun to do a class with a rider that you've enjoyed watching over the years.

I don't really watch or follow any MTB action, not out of disinterest in the discipline itself, but more because it takes a backseat to road cycling for me. I watch and participated when I was young. My father is still an avid rider to this day. Even my wife gets into watching it on TV. I find most don't realize what a chess match pro cycling is, rich in tactics and skill. I don't normally have a favorite rider, but I do enjoy seeing some come out on top. As mentioned up top, Peter Sagan is one of those. I was hoping to see Richie Porte do well over the summer in TDF, but that came to an abrupt end. I also wish Nairo Quintana would be able to get it altogether for a TDF win, but will probably never happen.

I've been getting back into riding again and have been using the Peloton heavily in my new cold environment. One of my past favorite riders, George Hincapie, has done a few pro-rider Peloton classes. Always fun to do a class with a rider that you've enjoyed watching over the years.

Porte’s wreck was awful. So bummed. He’s a TDF contender for sure and I would love to see a showdown between himself and Froome.

So, if you’re taking classes with Hincapie you must be in or near Greenville, yes?

Porte’s wreck was awful. So bummed. He’s a TDF contender for sure and I would love to see a showdown between himself and Froome.

So, if you’re taking classes with Hincapie you must be in or near Greenville, yes?

No, I wish. Greenville would be alright with me... I'm in New York. He did the classes in the Peloton studio in NYC and it's streamed via the internet. Christian Vande Velde has also joined in instructing classes.

Yeah, Porte's wreck was awful. I need someone to challenge Froome... I become more and more like Lemond in my skepticism of his numbers and success.

Back
Top Bottom