Pull Kitchen

Gallowbraid

Adventurist
Just came across this. Seems like a nice all in one solution, but that price point! 200lb weight and starting at $4300.

Digging the "hidden" stove/sink. That's got some ideas bouncing around in my head now...

https://pullkitchen.com/pull-kitchen-1

1609308579594.png

1609308624872.png

I've been wanting to try to make something like that using marine plastic sheets.

King StarBoard® ST is our most scratch-resistant polymer making it an excellent construction material for cabinetry, case goods, and architectural partitions. King StarBoard® ST is environmentally stabilized and has been developed to withstand the harshest outdoor conditions. It will not warp, rot, or delaminate when exposed to humidity or water. It can be used in concession stands, sports arenas, furniture, and cabinets.

• HDPE sheet
  • Textured on both sides
  • Can be fabricated with common woodworking tools
  • Meets FDA & USDA standards

Cool design. Way too heavy. Especially considering the payload on that truck... 2020 Tacoma’s maximum payload is advertised at 1,146 lbs (520 kg). That's before you add sliders, gas, people, beer, RTT and rack, fridge, etc. I wouldn't want to eat up 200 lbs of that capacity with a kitchen.

Although in all honesty I may have been close to that back when I carried the whole Snow Peak kitchen and dining catalog with me in the Taco.

;)

Cool design. Way too heavy. Especially considering the payload on that truck... 2020 Tacoma’s maximum payload is advertised at 1,146 lbs (520 kg). That's before you add sliders, gas, people, beer, RTT and rack, fridge, etc. I wouldn't want to eat up 200 lbs of that capacity with a kitchen.

Although in all honesty I may have been close to that back when I carried the whole Snow Peak kitchen and dining catalog with me in the Taco.

;)

Dude that thing had to be at least 500 over GVWR!

In all honesty I am not sure you could do it for less than 200lbs with a similar design (and features). The slides that big and long are ~30lbs each. And I would also guess their 200lb is just a guess....

I'm glad to see people innovating, and that's a nice looking setup, but anymore it just seems to be folks trying to out-glamp each other. "Overlanding" has become one of those cringe-worthy stereotype words. I'll stick to "car/truck camping" and using my Jetboil on the tailgate or the cheap aluminum roll-top table and putting the old Coleman on it's folding legs.

I swear I'm not even that old and I'm becoming curmudgeonly, I do miss my '78 Westy sometimes though.

Back
Top Bottom