Prometheus Design Werx Invictus MIL-LE

Yuman Desert Rat

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
I like it!.jpg
buttah.png

Yesterday, Santa, dressed as a UPS employee delivered a package from PDW... chock full of awesomeness; in it was the pedestrian version of the Invictus knife... the MIL-LE. Having owned and / or used a wide variety of auto opening knives from, Benchmade, Gerber, OKC, ITW and a few others... THIS knife is amazing. Every detail from the GID actuator button, the precision milling and the swift (BUTTAH-RY) smooth action of the opening mechanism; was extremely impressive!! There is ZERO slop/play in the blade. When you press the button to open the knife; you better hang on! The blade slings out like "Oi !! ELLO GUBNAH" (imagine Vinnie Jones yelling it)

vinnie.jpg

I know that a knife is a tool, but in addition: this knife is also a work of art. Except you cant shave your face; whittle a stick, cut a steak, perform open heart surgery (or anything else functional that you may do on a daily basis), with the Mona Lisa or a DaVinci sculpture... If anyone ever said bringing a knife to a gunfight was silly, try lugging a Picasso to one!

I like that.jpg

https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/collections/instock/products/pdw-invictus-auto-mil-le-dc

Pros: The whole dang knife.
Cons: I dont have one for every day of the week, it didn't come with a pouch or in any fancy packaging, which is really a PRO, (less expense to pass on to the customer.) and the bubble wrap it came in can provide (anywhere from 2 to 30 minutes) of stress relieving entertainment. (Which is another PRO masquerading as a CON)

like a lot.png

As with most things PDW, they are not mass produced so if you want to get your hands on this hunk of sex appeal that you can carry in your pocket and can whip out without having to register as a sex offender, you better move faster than a jack rabbit on a first date; because just like that rabbit; they dont last long.

I see.png

In summary: This knife is the bees-freaking-knees! If a Super-Villain's side-kick,
and emotionally disturbed criminal clown (with a penchant for blades), a complete moron, an old Jewish lady and Stevie Wonder can see how AWESOME this KNIFE is; you should have no trouble taking MY word for it!!!

Great post Ryan, couldn’t agree more. I have a drawer in the tool chest just for folding knives and this one gets carried more than any knife I’ve ever owned. It’s very minimal impact/size in the pocket belies it’s true potential. It’s pretty fearsome in look and handling when fully deployed.

336BDECF-DA10-4CE5-B512-72E06654EDAB.jpeg

Yessir!!! I don't know WHY I didn't have you order an extra one at the time so I could have gotten my paws on that SPD edition. What's that they say about hindsight? Woulda-shoulda-coulda?

Utah.png

Yessir!!! I don't know WHY I didn't have you order an extra one at the time so I could have gotten my paws on that SPD edition. What's that they say about hindsight? Woulda-shoulda-coulda?

Right? I had no idea that it would be so nice. I knew it would be high quality, but the action and the fit/finish is without equal. Photos don't do it justice really.

I've got a Gerber and a Benchmade auto opener, both amazing knives and made in USA. They sit in the drawer now, collecting dust. Because they're just not as good as the Invictus.

I keep knives stashed all over the homestead and in various bags etc... BUT this one is going to be on my person / in my pocket. Its far less bulky and cumbersome than my Benchmade and Gerber knives.

I wish PDW would get their EOD folder back in stock... that was the mammary glands.

Not related to the blades but now that I have your attention...

...when PDW describes their fit as "athletic" fit they aren't kidding. A better description would be "sausage casing" fit.

The XXL new model DA hoody I scored fits superbly everywhere but around the torso; unzipping the pockets reveals a widely gaped opening to the blaze orange lining, thus defeating the "gray man" image. Yeah, I know I'm old and fat... but not so much these days at 6 feet and 200 pounds. I have the pants (both models, 36x32) that fit perfectly as well as the wool Mountain shirts (XXL). Disappointing that I'll have to gift the hoody to some poor bolemic teenage girl. o_O

I wish PDW would get their EOD folder back in stock... that was the mammary glands.

Not related to the blades but now that I have your attention...

...when PDW describes their fit as "athletic" fit they aren't kidding. A better description would be "sausage casing" fit.

The XXL new model DA hoody I scored fits superbly everywhere but around the torso; unzipping the pockets reveals a widely gaped opening to the blaze orange lining, thus defeating the "gray man" image. Yeah, I know I'm old and fat... but not so much these days at 6 feet and 200 pounds. I have the pants (both models, 36x32) that fit perfectly as well as the wool Mountain shirts (XXL). Disappointing that I'll have to gift the hoody to some poor bolemic teenage girl. o_O

I have a bulemic teenage twin!! ;)

I like how your review had no pics of the actual product at all lol.

It forces you to go to the link to the actual product... ;)
Clever?

Its nearly identical to the one in Daves photo. Natural Silver blade and hardware is the only difference.

Have a couple of the PDW mini coil lanyards.... I wish I would have grabbed a black one before they ran out.... someday, I'll learn...

I thought true hipsters were afraid of knives, blades, tools and sharp things..? Its to protect their man-buns and beards from being cut off....

Back
Top Bottom