Overland Expo West at Mormon Lake Roll Call

That gives you plenty of time to make it out to the Expo. It will be so worth your time! Plus the area is filled with wonderful places to explore!
Right?! we were so excited to learn about the Expo and the area just happens to be part of AZ we didn't get to on our way down from Alberta this winter. We are so interested in the classes, and meeting other people who like to travel the way we do. To be honest we were beginning to think that our preferred way to travel made us odd. (only half kidding). Compared to you lot we are so very green and wet behind the ears!

Im leaving Houston on Wednesday morning. What is the best way to stake a claim for a camping spot in the AAV section?

Brass can get expensive....

- - - Updated - - -

Done. What brand?

Hhmmmmm....Virgil's, Boylans, Henry Weinhards,......anything made in a micro brewery...but don't worry, we'll save you a spot even if we have to boot Dave and Tango out of the shady tree spots:rolleyes:

It has been rumored that an area of similar proportion and location of years past shall magically appear Thurs. am.

:easy

I'm thinking 80% of my drive is allocated to Wednesday, so I should roll in at a decent time Thursday. I'll bring said root beer to stake my claim.

I'm thinking 80% of my drive is allocated to Wednesday, so I should roll in at a decent time Thursday. I'll bring said root beer to stake my claim.
Do not feel obligated to get me a root beer or six;) I would hold a place for you regardless and you should be fine coming in on Thursday anyway.

It seems I'm always the last one to the dance, but I'll be there and planning to camp on the "grounds" hopefully with the group.

dougb

We're not Motel 6 but will leave the light on for you. See if you can dig up posts from last years event, there is a proximity map of where we hope to be See ya there

We're not Motel 6 but will leave the light on for you. See if you can dig up posts from last years event, there is a proximity map of where we hope to be See ya there

Head down the back driveway towards the camping area. Last year we were about 50 yards to the hard left, right on the edge of the track and on the other side of the Earth Roamers. If we get a spot closer to the driveway, we may catch more dust and the slamming of lots of outhouse doors. That's right where they're placed; at the junction of the end of the driveway and camping area. I'd almost wish we were further away on the far side of the camping area, so everyone else can be the dust and windswept sand blockers.:dunno

- - - Updated - - -

It seems I'm always the last one to the dance, but I'll be there and planning to camp on the "grounds" hopefully with the group.

dougb
You certainly won't be the last...

I will have your Mayorial realm staked out by the time u get there. Departing Insane D'eggo at midnight.

They wont let anyone in till 1 pm on Thursday, is that correct? i plan on leaving Canyonlands Thursday morning and should be there around that time........

Last year I arrived at dusk on Wednesday. There wasn't anyone to say no entry, but I did turn around and camped at Dairy Springs CG for the night. Tempted to stay there again. In the trees/forest 1-2 miles from expo grounds.

Thanks Dan. I may end up heading to flagstaff late Wednesday.........do some laundry, etc. then roll in first thing in the am.

Back
Top Bottom