Overland Expo West at Mormon Lake Roll Call

What memo?
In the famous words of Yoda. No memo received did I.
:confused: What am I missing?

You invoke the words of Jedi Master Yoda, yet the Force is apparently weak with you...

rebel_alliance_thumb.png

The Rebels adopted the symbol from the family crest of the Marek family in honor to Galen Marek, Darth Vader's former apprentice, who sacrificed himself protecting the three founders of the Alliance. However, by some accounts, the insignia had been taken from the seal of the Old Republic. And indeed, a similar winged seal had been used by the Republic at the time of the Great Galactic War.

Often described as a rising phoenix, the Starbird represented the Alliance's goal of setting the stage for the Galactic Republic to rise again from the ashes of the Galactic Empire that it swore to topple. The Starbird most often appeared in bright red or blue but was also sometimes displayed in yellow, black, or gray.

When the Alliance became the New Republic, the Starbird was retained as the central image of the new government's insignia. Adar Tallon's family crest resembled an altered Starbird symbol.

Ultimately this symbol was used for a variety of different governments, including, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, the Alliance of Free Planets, the New Republic, the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, the Alliance-in-exile, the Galactic Alliance Remnant and the Galactic Federation Triumvirate. What's more, the Starbird was very similar to the emblem of the Old Jedi Order, if somewhat modified and later it became the symbol of the New Jedi Order and then of the temporary Jedi Coalition.

Do you even know of the Dark Lord, Darth Brady? There's a whole thread on Expo with pictures of him in his Dark Lord attire...

I thought the new symbol looked a little Muslim like..I'm cool with the whole rebellion thing..funny I was spot on with the Yoda comment.....I guess us guys are really dorky aren't we...
Adding Krinkle to the list...

I thought the new symbol looked a little Muslim like..
I did too, I thought you photochopped it at first, bringing out the "Ban Hammer". Not a sci-fi fan of any sort. I know who dart Vader, C3PO, and the little white trash can thing are (it came to me R2D2), but that's about it.

I did too, I thought you photochopped it at first, bringing out the "Ban Hammer". Not a sci-fi fan of any sort. I know who dart Vader, C3PO, and the little white trash can thing are (it came to me R2D2), but that's about it.

Funny Bob, that you claim this as "science fiction." In fact I would have thought these chronicles would appeal to you because of the ideals portrayed by the story and characters.

Science Fiction is merely the backdrop... the story is more about Arthurian mythological concepts of chivalry, knighthood, paladinism, and related institutions in feudal societies which inspired some concepts in the Star Wars movies, most notably the Jedi Knights. The "Force" is that connection to the cosmic forces of the universe derived from prana of Sanskrit origin describing "life force," equally rooted in ancient martial arts.

If you really concentrate on some of the stories in some of the episodes you'll see great American stories from legendary Westerns like, "The Searchers," "Cheyenne Autumn," and "Once Upon a Time in the West." Remember the first Star Wars movie, Episode IV, and the attack upon and ultimate destruction? Directly influenced by the epic WWII films (actual heroic tales) of, "633 Squadron," and "Dambusters." Speaking of WWII, look at all the references from the Third Reich and the Empire... Imperial Stormtroopers, Darth Vader's helmet, the uniforms of the officers were taken directly from the movie costume wardrobes from WWII Nazi uniforms. As soon as you saw these characters in costume you immediately identified them as "evil."

I could go on but this a rich story drawn from American experiences and rich in the ideals we hold in esteem.

Now, let's not get on the subject of the "Matrix" trilogy. That was just a love story, yet most people think it's about computers... go figure.

Ahem...this is a no $hitter...the last movie I saw in a theatre was Look Who's Talking II. My wife had just gotten out of the hospital, our kids were at her sisters house and we went to a movie. I'm just not a movie fan, at all. I don't watch them at home either. I'll see a trailer for a movie, think it looks like a good show, and that's the end of it. My son gave us his DVD collection, probably a few hundred movies, haven't watched one of them.

I know I saw the original Star Wars movie at the theatre when I was a kid, I'm sure I've seen at least one of the sequels at some point, not a clue which one.

As I've stated in the past, many of the weapons created for Star Wars were based on real weapons like the WW1 Lewis gun in .303. The MG34 & MG 42 in 8mm, the Broomhandle Mauser pistole and the Sterling Submachine gun both in 9mm, and don't forget the Nazi war machine's Imperial Walker! Those were just a few of the weapons they utilized. Man I'd love a Lewis Gun...or maybe a walker...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 166
What do you have to barter?

I can let this go for a reasonable price... I replaced it with a new one from LaRue Tactical that's annodized black... very tacticool.

walker.jpg

^^^^That's funny, my "buddies" bought me a walker for my 50th birthday, I had to carry the damn thing home from Baja!

The best part was they bought four brand new tennis ball for the feet. My team owner has a chocolate lab that lives to play fetch. She went near crazy trying to get them.

My next walker is going to have hydraulic disc brakes and long travel suspension!

What do you have to barter?

I can let this go for a reasonable price... I replaced it with a new one from LaRue Tactical that's annodized black... very tacticool.

View attachment 13294
Just add some Wermacht crosses and we're good. Wanna trade for my ownership of the Brooklyn Bridge?

- - - Updated - - -

How about a new in box Huri-Cane and a year old Life Alert?
With you Woody it's gonna be a Hurl a cane and a faulty Dont Panic! Button.:tango

Looks like I will be there with my son. Rest of the family will be camping with the Girl Scouts a little closer to home. We will be leaving from San Diego if anyone else is heading that way.

Be nice to see some of you again from DRV.

Mike

I will be there along with Michelle and Atlas. We will be in booth 44 on the corner. Be sure to come see us! Hey MOJO what booth are you guys in? Come by our booth for beer... We will come to you guys for food!!

This just in: Mojoe Outfitters, American Adventurist and Goose Gear will be hosting a happy hour on Thursday night - stop by the Mojoe booth and hang out with us at Overland Expo!

Attachments

• mojoe.jpg
    mojoe.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom