Overland Expo West at Mormon Lake Roll Call

Hmmm...sounds like a challenge. Do we need AAV Drag Race series or maybe an AAV Overland Rig rally stage?

Bring it Bitches... no more of this, "Bleau's Tacoma can't get out of its own way" crap anymore. Bu-WA-haha!

Hell, I might even be able to keep up with off-road overlanding rally racer, the scourge of Canyonlands, "Terrible Dave" Bennett. :D

AAV'ers can stop by the Tembo Tusk booth and meet up with other, like minded adventurists. We will be located in the center of the food crawl area in the shady trees.

AAV'ers can stop by the Tembo Tusk booth and meet up with other, like minded adventurists. We will be located in the center of the food crawl area in the shady trees.

This is true. Tembo Tusk customers can also stop by the AAV booth and meet up with other like-minded Tembo Tusk customers or even American Adventurists. :D

What about in the camping area? Is there any way to section off a decent piece for folks arriving Friday? Or do they frown on that sort of thing?

I'm betting Dan already has a plan for that...

occ expo.jpg

What about in the camping area? Is there any way to section off a decent piece for folks arriving Friday? Or do they frown on that sort of thing?

I did that last year and we could do it again, volunteers? All that's needed is a roll of engineer tape (hi vis ribbon) and a few stakes to make a box on the ground. Then someone has to watch our claim lest claim jumpers and interlopers take over. Best done on Thursday, put the box by the "gate" to the camp area on the lake bed and AAV folks will have less of a walk to "main street" OVX.

Thanks Woody, and thanks for volunteering Dan!

Folks, we're proud to introduce our Mayor for AAV Camp at Overland Expo West 2015!

:D

Thanks Woody, and thanks for volunteering Dan!

Folks, we're proud to introduce our Mayor for AAV Camp at Overland Expo West 2015!

:D

Do you think we should alert Dan that he was voluntold, er, volunteered, for this duty or should we let him just stumble on it? :lol

Bring it Bitches... no more of this, "Bleau's Tacoma can't get out of its own way" crap anymore. Bu-WA-haha!

Hell, I might even be able to keep up with off-road overlanding rally racer, the scourge of Canyonlands, "Terrible Dave" Bennett. :D
Y'all know you can't cover ground like 'ol Leary. :stir

I did this at expo east...you could see the banner but I was being cammoman. There won't be any trees but there will be a big flat box on the ground.:) GunnerMoose and some others are camping above the expo on some BLM where they can have fires/quieter/less dust...I may stay up thar with theyuns. I'm supposed to be joining them for the Utah BDR a week after the expo. Border to border Arizona through Utah to Idaho all on dirt roads. Except maybe Lockhart Basin...
I'm also possibly meeting them later for the Oregon BDR heading up to the NW Overland expo in Plain Wa.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 168
Better than Humpalump...if I am there early and have access to some bright cheery caution tape, then I will be happy to setup a nice rhombus on the ground fer y'all , but as mayor I may serve in absentia. Or maybe since I'll be a politician I might be easy to coerce with some fine root beers...I do take bribes ya know!

Have a look here to see who is who in the zoo:

http://www.overlandexpo.com/exhibitors/

If there is a particular thing that you want from a vendor I recommend contacting them in advance to ensure that you get it at the event. Some things (fridges, solar etc) sell out quick so do your homework before you go.

Every year I say I don't need anything (I really don't), but every year I see something there that is new that blows my mind or somehow ends up in the truck... :lol

It's also a good opportunity to see what is worth getting, and what is consumer grade crap that's not worth your money.

Last year, the food on site was pretty damn good - the Navajo fry bread was KILLER! :drool

My wife, Andrea, and I will be there along with our Marketing Coordinator, Stan Wright. We'll have a booth with all sorts of fun stuff including remote-controlled 4x4s and everyone is invited to swing by and visit, play around, and have fun. :)

I'll be there officially with TCT (Toyotas, Cruisers and Trucks) Magazine. Come by and say hi.

Have a look here to see who is who in the zoo:

http://www.overlandexpo.com/exhibitors/

If there is a particular thing that you want from a vendor I recommend contacting them in advance to ensure that you get it at the event. Some things (fridges, solar etc) sell out quick so do your homework before you go.

Every year I say I don't need anything (I really don't), but every year I see something there that is new that blows my mind or somehow ends up in the truck... :lol

It's also a good opportunity to see what is worth getting, and what is consumer grade crap that's not worth your money.

Last year, the food on site was pretty damn good - the Navajo fry bread was KILLER! :drool

I'm still in the market for a portable compressor, who do you think would carry something decent? I'd love a double mounted ARB or one with a tank but, I'm not sure if one of those is gonna be in the near future. Gotta have some funds to travel to Expo and beyond.

We are *really* trying to fit attending the expo into our time line and budget!! We have to be back in Edmonton, AB, Canada for the end of May and have commitments in Florida until May 5th...

We are *really* trying to fit attending the expo into our time line and budget!! We have to be back in Edmonton, AB, Canada for the end of May and have commitments in Florida until May 5th...

That gives you plenty of time to make it out to the Expo. It will be so worth your time! Plus the area is filled with wonderful places to explore!

Back
Top Bottom