Overland Expo West at Mormon Lake Roll Call

100acre

Adventurist
I realize the expo in May is a about two months away, but I like to plan things way in advance. So who is planning on attending the Expo in May in Arizona?
Y'all should consider organizing convoys from your continental areas of operation.
1. Dave :boss
2. Woody
3. Mr. Leary
4. Tango
5. Steve Simpson
6. Cris and Paige
7. Cam and Kris
8. Tacoma
9. RoamingRobertson
10. 100acrehuphalump and Bayleaf. Woof!
11. Mike
12. Woodienut
13. Buckwilk
14. Matt with wife and kid
15. Maxcustody
16. Jon Nelson
17. Hackattack
18. Samer_Hijazi
19. Honor
20. Frank & Andrea
21. Stan Wright
22. Dennx
23. W5BMF
24. camapper
25. Gooseberry..?
26. MEP1811
27. Rigid Industries
28. Chevurai
29. Scott
30. Krinkle
31. azmiik
32. Bernhard, Michelle, and Atlas
33. DeepAbovesurface
34. Ed B
35. SUMNRFAM
36. TemboTusk

Last edited:
Barring unforseen hurdles, I'll be taking the roads less traveled by again from Texas to Mormon Lake. 6 days of unsupported travel on the way out.

I'll be hanging out at ExPo in the evening and will probably take off on short trips during the day.

I'll be there in the re-engined Tacoma along with Steve Simpson in his FJ Cruiser. Teaching a few classes. We plan on doing some exploring afterwords.

Last edited:
Kris and I will be there operating under the auspices of Mojoe Outfitters. We will have a booth/exhibit. Look for the crowd standing around eating free food!

Cam

Kris and I will be there operating under the auspices of Mojoe Outfitters. We will have a booth/exhibit. Look for the crowd standing around eating free food!

Cam
Are you bringing the Pancake Gatling Gun?:wow:drool:eat

Last edited:
I'll be there alone this year due to conflicting travel plans with my wife. Last year was my first but we spent all our time demoing in the XP booth. This year, I'll be camping and taking a bunch of courses. I'll be there sometime Friday looking for familiar faces to camp near.

My son and I are doing a bomber run to hit the Vendor area on Friday and have to get back to SoCal for work.

If I remember right #26, I never camped there before?
How about yourself?

No but the night before last years expo I camped at Dairy Springs Campground. Which is a mile or less away from the expo. The other one closer to the event is called Double springs campground. Both are $16 per night. Both have something like 30 sites but only Double Springs will take reservations for 15 of those sites and the others are 1st come, 1st serve. These two have drinking water available and vault toilets. I read that Pine Grove and Lake View CG's have more amenities like $3.00 showers and flush toilets. Plus they are on or very near Lake Mary which doesn't dry up as much as Mormon Lake. According to the NF service, they have more wildlife like bald eagles, elk, deer, and osprey. Whereas the first two have less wildlife. The nightly price for these is $20. They are much heavier trafficked areas. Also there isn't a motor restriction on Lake Mary and the upper and lower lakes are stocked with trout, bass, and catfish. Two other nearby campgrounds are Ashurst Lake CG, and Kinnikinick Lake CG. Of which I have not yet researched.

I'll be there with the wife and kid. Trying to figure whether to add the 4 day adventure before or after Expo.

Back
Top Bottom