Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
EAST 2019.png

When: 11-13 OCT 2019

Where: Infinity Downs Farm, 1510 Diggs Mountain Road, Arrington, Virginia 22922

Join us at Overland Expo EAST for the world's most unique event for do-it-yourself adventure travel enthusiasts, with hundreds of session-hours of classes for 4WD and adventure motorcycling, inspirational programs, the Overland Film Festival, roundtable discussions, demonstrations, food, and a large expo featuring over 300 vendors of adventure travel equipment, camping gear, bikes, vehicles, and services.

More info at www.overlandexpo.com/about-east

EVENT REGISTRATION LINK

OX19E Map Final.jpg

This is hands down probably the BEST venue they could choose for Overland Expo East.

For those that don't know this is the same property that hosted Camp Jeep for more than a decade (back when Jeep still did Jeep things instead of rebranding Fiat cars with a seven slot grill, but I digress). It also hosts many large events (some much larger than Expo). I really hope they have a multi-year deal inked down because this site has the infrastructure sand site capactiy not only for for OE-E is today, but what OE-E can become in a few years.

As for the rain/mud, I doubt Expo East will ever be a dry or clean event given east coast weather in the fall, but this venue is pretty well estabtlished for large crowds and heavy traffic. I doubt we'll see the issues that plagued the small cute wedding ranches.

I also hope they make use of the property and let people spread out for camping. One of the biggest complaints historically plaguing Expo is how campers end up crammed in like sardines. This venue should have enough room for people to spread out and camp a little more 'organically' rather than shoe-horned into cemetery sized plots.

--

On a side note, for those making the trip, the following weekend is the Virginia Rooftop Tent Rally at James River State Park which is a stone's throw away. It's a great small family-friendly event not unlike our Rendezvous. There are some classes, different activies, and a small vendor area. Not a bad idea to stick around the week after Expo for the rally. Oh, and an RTT is not required to attend.

It seems that the site is broken, you can only buy "overland experience" tickets. No option for weekend pass or day pass tickets?

It seems that the site is broken, you can only buy "overland experience" tickets. No option for weekend pass or day pass tickets?

I don't think they'll open all that up until they're done dealing with West but that's just my guess.

This is hands down probably the BEST venue they could choose for Overland Expo East.

For those that don't know this is the same property that hosted Camp Jeep for more than a decade (back when Jeep still did Jeep things instead of rebranding Fiat cars with a seven slot grill, but I digress). It also hosts many large events (some much larger than Expo). I really hope they have a multi-year deal inked down because this site has the infrastructure sand site capactiy not only for for OE-E is today, but what OE-E can become in a few years.

As for the rain/mud, I doubt Expo East will ever be a dry or clean event given east coast weather in the fall, but this venue is pretty well estabtlished for large crowds and heavy traffic. I doubt we'll see the issues that plagued the small cute wedding ranches.

I also hope they make use of the property and let people spread out for camping. One of the biggest complaints historically plaguing Expo is how campers end up crammed in like sardines. This venue should have enough room for people to spread out and camp a little more 'organically' rather than shoe-horned into cemetery sized plots.

--

On a side note, for those making the trip, the following weekend is the Virginia Rooftop Tent Rally at James River State Park which is a stone's throw away. It's a great small family-friendly event not unlike our Rendezvous. There are some classes, different activies, and a small vendor area. Not a bad idea to stick around the week after Expo for the rally. Oh, and an RTT is not required to attend.

Great feedback Dean (except the Jeep rant, mine was built in Toledo just like yours buddy ;) ), here's to hoping that Expo East bounces back with a great event!

:clang

Is that the one put on your our friends at the Blue Ridge Overland Group?

--

The Lockn' 2017 festival at Infinity Downs had 20,000 people so they have the infrastructure an personal to handle a crowd.

https://www.newsadvance.com/news/lo...cle_035d2ba8-89fe-11e7-87f3-93af87611414.html

I RRREEEAAALLLLLLYYY hope they let campers spread out this year. There is no reason not to. This venue has so much room. No need to stack campers in like cord wood like in years passed.

Back
Top Bottom