Our 2020 Event Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
We had hoped that by now the current situation and all of it's inherent risk and controversy would have subsided. But as of 6 July 2020, it has not subsided.

We have carefully weighed all the risks and benefits of pushing ahead in 2020 with our Mountain Rendezvous in California, and our Appalachian Rendezvous in North Carolina.

As the founder of the Rendezvous series of events, and the leader of this community of intrepid Adventurists, I have to assume the responsibility, and the liability, for these efforts and any outcome that may arise.

Meanwhile, other larger, better funded organizations have similar concerns as ours and they have wisely chosen to cancel their events in 2020 due to COVID-19.

Reluctantly, we must announce that both of our remaining events are postponed until 2021. With any luck, and as my grandfather used to say "God willing and the river don't rise", our next event will be Desert Rendezvous in February 2021.

Until then, thanks for your support, be safe, and keep it positive.

Dave

Good call Dave, I'm not going to my normal September camp out in Idaho either but they have not cancelled it!

Sad to hear, but understandable. To continue to support AAV, I’m making the usual $20 RSVP payment (Transaction ID: 2RW86986YF622912C). :jeep:camping

With or without us, the Scout camp will continue to need support. If AAV is willing and able to handle the transactions (and not incur accounting or tax issues in doing so), I suggest we all hit the DONATE button a second time for the BSA, as well. :flag

(Oh, and we now need an MRV 2020 / COVID-19 Special Edition patch!)

Last edited:
Sad to hear, but understandable. To continue to support AAV, I’m making the usual $20 RSVP payment (Transaction ID: 2RW86986YF622912C). :jeep:camping

With or without us, the Scout camp will continue to need support. If AAV is willing and able to handle the transactions (and not incur accounting or tax issues in doing so), I suggest we all hit the DONATE button a second time for the BSA, as well. :flag

(Oh, and we now need an MRV 2020 / COVID-19 Special Edition patch!)

Thanks for the donation!!

That patch though .......:stir

Thanks for the donation!!

That patch though .......:stir

All the cool kids have one, LOL!

447357DF-FF79-46C4-8804-FAEEB8929E31.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom