Nissan Titan thoughts

goin camping

Adventurist
Looking at a 2019 Nissan Titan 4x4.

These trucks any good on reliability, durability and how long do they usually last?

Any weak points?

I have no personal experience, don't even know anyone that owns one. Reviews on line are crappy for the most part. Poorest selling full size truck, residual value drops to 30% of purchase price in 5 years.

In my experience, major electrical gremlins due to cheap connectors all through the vehicle. That makes for long and tedious diagnosis which translates into expensive repairs.

I had a 2004 which I loved. It never gave me a single mechanical or electrical problem. Unfortunately, the paint wasn't the best and the roof and hood eventually had to be repainted before we sold it to move up to a bigger truck and camper. I can't speak for the current gen.

Sticker price on new Pro 4x models in Atlanta appears to be $60,000ish before incentives. Put 20,000 odd miles on one and they're being sold as a certified used vehicle for $30k - $32k. Probably a reason for that 50% drop.

I've rented a few and didn't care for them. Very poor road manners, noisy, hard plastic interiors with poor layouts. Full disclosure, I'm not a Nissan fan.

If you do pull the trigger it looks like used is the way to go. Let someone else eat that depreciation.

IMG_20200526_175336.jpg

Back
Top Bottom