New Law Lets the Government Shoot Down Your Drone

I think the "shoot down" theory is a little exaggerated. IMO, as in everything else, there are the few that screw it up for the masses. It's seems that at every wild fire in an urban area, the fire fighting aircraft get grounded because some asshat is flying his drone in the middle of the action.

I am trying to imagine any agency that could figure out how to shoot down a drone quickly. Maybe they'll have their own kamikaze drones

I'd love to see the pile of paper work that would create for the agency shooter:D The emotional stress on the public just seeing a weapon discharge... the humanity!
Paperwork, what paperwork? Take a few down like this and people will start to behave. Snowflakes and spoiled brats don't deserve paperwork!! Obviously a tounge-in-cheek solution

Paperwork, what paperwork? Take a few down like this and people will start to behave. Snowflakes and spoiled brats don't deserve paperwork!! Obviously a tounge-in-cheek solution
No, a pragmatic solution from a bygone era.

Today, the aggressor would be taken down by a civil suit like assaulting personal property with an unlicensed assault raptor, or some such nonsense, and then see their life savings wiped out.

dlm.png

Unfortunately, one snowflake will sue for the cost of his drone and emotional distress, win a multi-million dollar lawsuit and we're right back to where we started. Personally...they are annoying as He!! and in fire areas deserve to be shot down! :wth?

I don't see the reason for potential harm to a bird of prey from propellers? Jamming controls electronically seems a safer choice?

Back
Top Bottom