New Dual Sport or eBike

wesel123

Adventurist
Founding Member
So I recently sold my last bike and now, for the first time in 40 years, do NOT have a motorcycle in my garage.

I'm at a strange crossroads, I'm somewhat wanting a new motorcycle, but am not yearning for one. This is a crazy strange feeling that I have never felt, I'm finding myself want to spend every last minute with my 14 year old and 2 year old daughters. I'm sure it's an age thing, a realization that life is finite.....just not sure (Other than they are an absurd amount of fun to be around).

So I had it in my mind to buy a CRF 450RL or a KTM 6 Days...you get the idea. But to get to any of the good trails in LA I need to make a 2 hour drive one way. I've been kicking around the idea of a Specialized Levo Comp, Trek Slash 9 or even the new Ducati MIG-S. Seems like I can keep the bike in the trunk of my Alltrack and hit trails that are 20 to 30 min from my house or right after work on the way home.

I guess my base question is will I have as much enjoyment? I'm a very seasoned off-road/adventure type rider, having a ton of different bike through my riding career. So I know, or think I know what I'll be missing, but maybe not.

Anyone have any insight?

Coming from a MTB and road cycling background and recently getting into motorcycles, I don't think I'll go back unless I'm unable to hop onto a motorcycle or if I'm in very close vicinity to a MTB trailhead that i can ride to.

Better yet, settle it all with this:

YamahaBikeRackOpt-scaled.jpg

In all seriousness, considering how close the trailheads are from your house, I'd opt for an MTB, especially with your life priorities changing. Local trail rides might be sufficient to scratch that itch on the occasion.

Perhaps keeping a CRF450L in the garage isn't such a bad idea for those desert rides though... :D

Why not both...I have a YT Decoy, a 1290 Super Adventure, 690 Enduro, an RD400...I mean...how can I limit myself to just one toy?

Back
Top Bottom