New Defender spotted in Moab

I follow the New Defender Owners Group on Facebook. There are far too many posts like these. Sure every vehicle has its issues especially when it's first released. These aren't those type of issues. This is just poor quality control. On the part of Land Rover and on the part of Land Rover dealerships. Delivering a vehicle with a suspension fault? Nope. Not on the vehicle that I am paying 50k plus on.

Screenshot_20200927-102807.png
Screenshot_20200927-103044.png
Screenshot_20200927-103153.png
Screenshot_20200927-103255.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Total shit show. And those things are $$$!

There's also issue with the a pillar trim coming off. This is the same problem that was on the Discovery 4 and the Evoke. And the casual acceptance of it by some in a group is weird.

And the casual acceptance of it by some in a group is weird.

Agreed. I feel the same way about Toyota fanboys who zealously defend things like drum brakes and mediocre amenities and MPG in 2020. Or Jeep guys that blindly accept some of the more notorious QC issues.

Each brand has its own die hards. But when you pay so much money for a vehicle, it should be worthy of the investment and require zero “fixing” at least in the first several years of ownership.

But when you pay so much money for a vehicle, it should be worthy of the investment

Or the problems should be worthy of the investment :lol i.e. a $50K+ vehicle shouldn't have the Yugo level problem of parts falling off as you're driving down the road or come with improperly installed equipment fixed with crazy glue.

Or the problems should be worthy of the investment :lol i.e. a $50K+ vehicle shouldn't have the Yugo level problem of parts falling off as you're driving down the road or come with improperly installed equipment fixed with crazy glue.

Yeah I was thinking Trabant but OK :lol

I can’t even imagine the frustration level here. Even a “base model” at $55K is big $$$, I predict this one going back to JLR as a Lemon Law claim.

My Ural was more reliable.

I started by being facetious. But then I had to pause and think about it. Sure the Defender they got may have just been a bad fluke. Just like my Ural. But I got 3000 miles out of my Ural before things went south. Some Defenders aren't even making it off a lot.

Yeah this is going to break some hearts in the Anglophile “Land Rovers Rule” camp. This is a shit show.

The funniest part to me is when all the Land Rover apologists congregate online with all manner of excuses for what a hunk of crap they’ve purchased.

NOBODY should be ok with spending that kind of money on a vehicle and having it be a total lemon.

Back
Top Bottom