Muninn, son of Fafhrd...An FJC Tale of Adventure

Hey, a lot of Hot Wheel street racing went on that carpet when Cam was younger, seems a shame not to use it to work on real life ones. ;)

Deer have been thicker on our road than flees on a cur. In a three mile stretch from our house to the main route it's not unusual to see a dozen deer cavorting on the roadway every time we travel it. Between Cam, Michelle and I we knew somebody was going to tag one.

Well this morning it was me. Damn Cervidae terrotist ran right out in front of the FJ with no time for me to stop...damage was significant.

IMG_6013.JPG

One of those fancy Aussie lights @TangoBlue gave me got tilted back a good 15*.

Another example of why quality front armor is worth the investment.

The deer? Unsalvageable. After being bounced a good twenty feet or more off that front bumper it was a sack of broken bones. Poor thing.

Damn Cervidae terrotist ran right out in front of the FJ with no time for me to stop...damage was significant.

Here I am looking for significant destruction to the front end and all I see is a light out of focus. Those ARB bull bars are stout, deer not so stout. Good thing it bounced instead of going under, those get messy.

-Andy

Here I am looking for significant destruction to the front end and all I see is a light out of focus. Those ARB bull bars are stout, deer not so stout. Good thing it bounced instead of going under, those get messy.

-Andy

Yeah, it hit the center section and than started to ride up the bull bar before being forcibly ejected. Having originally planned on driving Michelle's Tacoma this morning I'm glad that I took the FJ instead. Damage on the Taco would have been much worse. But because of this she has decided she needs some armor up front on hers now as that ARB sure paid for itself today.

Yeah, it hit the center section and than started to ride up the bull bar before being forcibly ejected. Having originally planned on driving Michelle's Tacoma this morning I'm glad that I took the FJ instead. Damage on the Taco would have been much worse. But because of this she has decided she needs some armor up front on hers now as that ARB sure paid for itself today.
With today's parts and labor costs for collision repair... oh, yeah.

How much easier it is is when spouse's endorse modifications to the truck... I think it may be time to introduce the "Safety Snorkel" to Michelle. Think of the kids - er, I mean the GRAND-kids! :D

(I really need to charge for these Overlanding Acquisition Strategies) :coffee

With today's parts and labor costs for collision repair... oh, yeah.

How much easier it is is when spouse's endorse modifications to the truck... I think it may be time to introduce the "Safety Snorkel" to Michelle. Think of the kids - er, I mean the GRAND-kids! :D

(I really need to charge for these Overlanding Acquisition Strategies) :coffee

I thought it was Michelle's truck...

That is 100% true, and Michelle determines what goes on her truck.

Take a look at Pelfrybilt bumpers. I have one of their front ones, waiting to go on my truck.

I think theirs are classier looking than some on the market.

Michelle likes the Pelfrybilt on my brother-in-law's Tacoma. I believe she wants to color match it to her truck instead of just going with the black powder coat though.

Michelle likes the Pelfrybilt on my brother-in-law's Tacoma. I believe she wants to color match it to her truck instead of just going with the black powder coat though.

I paint mine, rather than powder coat. As durable as PC is, it will eventually chip. Then, spot repairs are difficult to make unnoticeable.

A quick spritz, and your paint is almost perfect again!

Exactly and western powder coating doesn't seem to survive well here in the snow belt.

One weekend a few weeks back a large, nasty rain front was rolling in from the south. Michelle didn't want anything to do with it. Than she noticed that the rain was suppose to stay south of the PA/NY border, so loading up Muninn we headed north away from the rain.

With no particular plan we wandered up through the Allegheny State Forest, backroads up past Salamanca and found us a sign for a Letchworth State Park. After a quick internet search Michelle saw the word "waterfalls" and so we were committed.

It was a good decision...

DSC_0546.JPG
DSC_0512.JPG
DSC_0518.JPG
DSC_0522.JPG
DSC_0526.JPG
DSC_0543.JPG
DSC_0542.JPG
IMG_6455.JPG

Very nice. It is really something how different the terrain is on the east coast vs. the west coast. The variety is simply amazing.

Mountain House - always my choice in freeze dried foods!

Back
Top Bottom