Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkWgn

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
@Garrett has been volunteered to lead a trail for this years MRV.

Based on interested, I can offer the following, but can only lead 1 of these (obviously). A HAM radio is advised, but not necessary since I don't run CB or FRS radio.

If you're interested in a hard trail (Holcomb Creek or John Bull) (33" tires, 1 locker, rock rails, skids, full size spare and recovery gear required), post here:
Max 5:

If you're interested in up Clark's Grade, up Gold Mountain, down Jacoby Canyon, down Smarts Ranch Road and up 2N01 to HWY 38 (31" tires, 1 locker preferred, skids, full size spare and recovery gear required), post here:
Max 5:

If you're interested in lunch at Pioneertown and back up the hill (stock vehicles OK - there is a hard bypass for those that want it), post here:
Max 9:

I'll also be happy to lead anyone on Sunday from camp down to Highland/Redlands via fire road. Stock SUV OK.

Hey everyone, you'll be following my Jeep on whichever trail we choose! Here are the lunch options if it helps make a decision:
Holcomb/John Bull - trail lunch
Gold Mountain - likely Big Bear Brewing Company or eat in Big Bear
Pioneertown - Pappy and Harriet's Saloon

I can't decide whether I'm bringing the Jeep or not...a trail run does sound fun though.

Garrett, put me down as a "definite maybe". If I make the run, I'll take my usual place at the back of the line as tail gunner/sweeper for you.

Holcomb was fun and really not bad in spring. I'll Holcomb and then watch John Bull to evaluate the gate keepers the fully locked go over it.

For those reading I'm 35"s and a Detroit rear with open front.

Holcomb was fun and really not bad in spring. I'll Holcomb and then watch John Bull to evaluate the gate keepers the fully locked go over it.

For those reading I'm 35"s and a Detroit rear with open front.
i made it through the gatekeeper on 35's and rear locker in a ifs toyota 4runner. you shouldn't have any problems with a solid axle

but people are always causing the rocks to move at the gatekeeper so its never the same when you run it again

I happen to know another group coming up on the Pioneer town route so it may get interesting.. 6-10 in that group...

I don't think I'm going to bring the Jeep at this point. I can't get the damn thing to pass smog, heated O2 sensor monitor won't set.

Bummer, but OK. Only a few days to go folks! Votes are counted until Friday evening!

Trail run leaves camp at 0900 (I like my beauty sleep)

Everyone who voted (not sure if you're subscribed or not), but please fill out which trail run you voted for! I can't see that level of detail.

(Holcomb Creek or John Bull) (33" tires, 1 locker, rock rails, skids, full size spare and recovery gear required), trail lunch, post here:
max 5:
DB: @Wintyfresh

Clark's Grade (31" tires, 1 locker preferred, skids, full size spare and recovery gear required), lunch in town at Big Bear Brewing, post here:
max 5:
DB: @Wintyfresh

Well, options 1 & 2 are voted, but nobody has actually chimed in and signed up. As of now, my plan is to be by the main fire pit at 0900 and see who actually shows up. I'm still happy to lead either based on interest.
If nobody shows up, my brother (in his Jeep) and I will head up to Big Bear and figure it out on our own. Oktoberfest is happening in town... :clang

Leaving West LA Saturday morning and head straight to BB Lake area. Will monitor for plan. I can usually catch up to anyone on any trail...

Thanks! It was great having you on the trail and the rain made the end super fun! I'm glad it worked out to get a fun group on the trails!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom