Mortero Palms to Goat Canyon Trestle Hike: November 22nd, 2014

Your USMC Infantry Regiment is having a Marine Corps Ball in Las Vegas, Nevada... :eek:

Oh, I bet we'll see plenty of pictures from that event... hmmm... Operational Risk Management -- not applied by that S-3 shop. :lol

OPSEC is always in effect in Vegas ;)

It'd be sort of a long drive from Scottsdale for this hike. Sorry to have to miss it John! Looking forward as usual to your great trip blog and pics!

Hey guys, im stuck working this weekend so im out. sorry. I REALLY want to do this hike

It'd be sort of a long drive from Scottsdale for this hike. Sorry to have to miss it John! Looking forward as usual to your great trip blog and pics!

No problem guys. Looks like this group is getting smaller, which isn't a bad thing. We'll be able to keep up the pace.

Updated meeting location info on first post.

Last edited:
Just to clarify: Are we meeting at the trailhead? First post amendments sort of alluded to meeting closer to highway, but GPS coordinates are same as trailhead.

If you'll be heading out the 8, you can meet us at my place at 6:00 in Alpine. Otherwise, I believe we'll be meeting at the kiosk right off of the highway, which I would consider the trailhead. Let me know and I can PM you my address.

If you'll be heading out the 8, you can meet us at my place at 6:00 in Alpine. Otherwise, I believe we'll be meeting at the kiosk right off of the highway, which I would consider the trailhead. Let me know and I can PM you my address.

Sure, that sounds good. I'll have to come down the 15/8 so that works out great. Thanks!

Have a good time guys!

Oh, we did!

It was a fun hike exploring Mortero Palms, Goat Caanyon, and Indian Hill with Dave, Mike, Steve, and Tammy out in the beautiful Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.

Trip report coming soon!

10801667_1000421079973123_1472256284746795670_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom