Moon Lence Chair

Chris Griggers

Adventurist
Author
Don’t get me wrong, we are all about purchasing quality products, you know the old adage buy once cry once! We had read several articles about the newer style of lightweight and compact portable chairs that are out now. The king of those seems to be from the Helinox line of chairs. Even though they had lots of positive reviews we just could not plunk down $100 for something we had not had the opportunity to plunk our butts down in before. We are just picky that way with chairs! After a little bit more research we came across the Moon Lence chairs on Amazon and at $33 bucks a pop we were willing to take a gamble. We were so impressed with the quality and comfort of the chairs that we also ordered up there table ($24).

IMG_1867.jpg

This combo is perfect for us due to the very limited space of our Four Wheel camper but they would also be great for camping, backpack camping, tailgaters, and concertgoers. They are highly durable, made of 1000D Oxford cloth with aluminum alloy frame that is available in a variety of different colors. They are very portable and weigh in at only 2-3 lbs and can hold up to 242lbs (low back) and 350lbs (high back). They have a unique and ergonomic seat design that allows you to just relax.

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

Set up and breakdown is a little tricky the first couple of times you use it but it quickly becomes second nature and now takes less than a minute.

IMG_1874.jpg

Between us and our many friends, these chairs have been put through their paces on late nights around the campfire and have held up great! At this price point, you can’t go wrong and we would recommend these chairs to anyone in the market for a compact lightweight and portable chair.

IMG_1873.jpg

Michelle and I were just checking out those chairs for use in a kayak camping kit. It's a timely and helpful review for us that's for sure. Thanks for the post!

I'm larger than some folks so I was very skeptical of these types of chairs at first glance. Then on a camping trip @Chris Griggers let me try theirs and I was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy they seemed and their small size when packed up. And by how light they were. Definitely takes some getting used to as they do have quite a bit of flex but I like them.

Thanks for the detailed review!

Michelle and I were just checking out those chairs for use in a kayak camping kit. It's a timely and helpful review for us that's for sure. Thanks for the post!

These are perfect for that application :)

I'm larger than some folks so I was very skeptical of these types of chairs at first glance. Then on a camping trip @Chris Griggers let me try theirs and I was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy they seemed and their small size when packed up. And by how light they were. Definitely takes some getting use to as they do have quite a bit of flex but I like them.

Pictures or it never happened... :D

I'm larger than some folks so I was very skeptical of these types of chairs at first glance. Then on a camping trip @Chris Griggers let me try theirs and I was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy they seemed and their small size when packed up. And by how light they were. Definitely takes some getting used to as they do have quite a bit of flex but I like them.

Pictures or it never happened... :D

I too want photos for engineering and stress test purposes. ;) They seem perfect for my moto-based application, but my 6' 3" 250lb frame may not be compatible...

Back
Top Bottom