Mojave Road Experience in Jeopardy

The parking lot at the Von's that I go to has two recharging stations, right up front next to the handicap spaces. As near as I can tell they are no charge to whoever is using them. I'm sure the bill is being passed on to Joe Consumer.

Like it or not, we are going to be force fed electric vehicles.

Don't see any credit card readers. Do you and I pay for it?

Cam

Prior to January 2017, every new Tesla Model S or X purchase included lifetime free charging at Tesla stations. Now new purchases include something like 400 kW per year free with a small fee above that. Model 3 does not include free charging.

Tesla foots the bill for charging use, and those who are required to pay for charging do so via their Tesla account. The charging cord "knows" who's car it is connected to. Other brands of electric cars cannot charge at a Tesla Supercharger station.

The parking lot at the Von's that I go to has two recharging stations, right up front next to the handicap spaces. As near as I can tell they are no charge to whoever is using them. I'm sure the bill is being passed on to Joe Consumer.

This is an absolutely ridiculous and absurd position being forced upon Joe Consumer. Another example of big-business squeezing the small inventor and obstructing advanced technology development.

Everyone knows alternative power sources are available to us NOW!

Take for instance this compact cold fusion reactor; introduced and proven technology since 1990!

mr-fusion-replica.jpg

It might or might not surprise some of you, but here in CA (Shocker), newly constructed/revamped parking lots are REQUIRED to mark spaces for Clean Air Vehicles. There is no law/vehicle code governing the use of those spaces. However most city/county planning commissions have requirements for the spaces, and you will need to allocate a number of spaces determined by the total spaces in the entire lot.

Now there's no requirement that these spaces be provided as close to the business as possible, like exists for Handicapped spaces. So there's nothing stopping the owner from putting these spaces at the farthest edge :D

Being that there is no legal consequence for parking in these, I always get a chuckle when I see huge trucks/SUV's in them.

With regards to businesses providing charging stations on their lots, or even conglomerates like shopping malls, I'm just going to drop this link right here for your consideration: https://www.chargepoint.com/products/station-incentives/

Thankfully, one of the places I want to live isn't on that list.

I shop the same Vons off of El Norte Parkway, and frequently see vehicles charging there. Look closely and you will see Google and Apple Pay logos at the bottom of the charging station's marquees.

No such thing as a free lunch...:cool:

Excerpt from the article below article: "But unlike a gas station, you don't just roll up and start pumping energy. At most of these stations, users first must register with the operating company and obtain a PIN, membership number or dedicated charge card, or download an app to a smartphone."

EV Charging

Back
Top Bottom