Looking for help installing a Redarc BCDC Charge Controller

smlobx

Adventurist
As the title says I’m looking for someone to install the Redarc in my Gladiator. I got one quote but it was rediculous.
I’m located in Virginia but willing to travel in the mid Atlantic area if anyone has a recommendation.
Thanks!

I would think any automotive electronics shop could handle this. It's wiring and mounting the hardware. Here is Redarc's wiring diagram for a BCDC with a smart isolator and jump start capabilities.

smlobx

Adventurist
^^^ No doubt!

One question I have is that since I have a “Smart Alternator” where do I run the blue wire that is suppose to the “vehicle ignition?

ps...where do you live? Nice work.

Making it look good is a given. I figure if I'm paying anyone to do work I don't want to do, it better look like a professional did it. You don't necessarily need an overland specific person; some of those car audio guys do really clean installs.

If I were looking for overland specific in the Mid-Atlantic area I'd probably start with OK4WD. They're in NJ. Doesn't Main Line Overland do that kind of work too?

^^^ No doubt!

One question I have is that since I have a “Smart Alternator” where do I run the blue wire that is suppose to the “vehicle ignition?

ps...where do you live? Nice work.

Thanks. On an Island in the PNW.

The blue wire can be wired to a unused ignition triggered fuse location on the fuse block.

Or the blue wire leads you down the rabbit hole and the red one returns you to your life as you know it.:rolleyes:

Making it look good is a given. I figure if I'm paying anyone to do work I don't want to do, it better look like a professional did it. You don't necessarily need an overland specific person; some of those car audio guys do really clean installs.

If I were looking for overland specific in the Mid-Atlantic area I'd probably start with OK4WD. They're in NJ. Doesn't Main Line Overland do that kind of work too?

Agreed, I started with car stereos in the barracks back in the 80s graduated to L/E cars and SUVs and did my masters in EMS and fire trucks.

Find a car stereo shop that has won some installation awards.

Well, Bob's your uncle. Hive mind and all that. The fee is you have to post pics when you get it all buttoned up. I'm interested to see where you decide to mount that on the JT.

Dean

Adventurist
Founding Member
Now why didn’t think about a car stereo place? One of my former subcontractors who did all of our low voltage wiring in the houses we built is also a high end car audio place and I know they will do a great job.
Thanks!
Where at? I could use some wiring and stuff for my install. I was going to go all the way up to Crutchfield, but if you have a local guy I'd hit them up.

Top Bottom