It LIVES!

Ready to go!!!!
20160812_133936.jpg
20160812_133947.jpg
20160812_133956.jpg
20160812_134004.jpg

I've always loved this jeep.. glad to see it back together.. is it gonna make mrv?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So the last thing that was left was the rear tires not holding pressure. Bob suggested tire slime, but we were both skeptical because they were both leaking from the inside bead.
wellllllll.....................tire slime to the rescue. Both tires are holding proper pressure. Credit goes to Bob91yj for this one.

Well your options were tire slime or retorquing all the beadwork bolts lol

Well your options were tire slime or retorquing all the beadwork bolts lol

Bob got a wild hair and torqued all of the bolts. So we were down to slime or dismounting the tires and cleaning them up.............SLIME all the way hahaha

Quick note on the little step stool I see in one of your pics... if it needs to come along with you for your girl to access the passenger seat. Mom and Dad roamed the country for a while in an F250 with a slide in. At not quite 5' tall, Mom had a time getting in and out. A quick stop at the hardware store and Dad too a similar plastic stool, drilled a hole in it, threaded a rope with a knot through the hole. Bingo... mom could use the stool and retrieve it with the rope while in the truck.

Quick note on the little step stool I see in one of your pics... if it needs to come along with you for your girl to access the passenger seat. Mom and Dad roamed the country for a while in an F250 with a slide in. At not quite 5' tall, Mom had a time getting in and out. A quick stop at the hardware store and Dad too a similar plastic stool, drilled a hole in it, threaded a rope with a knot through the hole. Bingo... mom could use the stool and retrieve it with the rope while in the truck.

While i do appreciate the idea, the stool was for the kids to climb up and down while we worked on the jeep. Maybe in a few years when my back and knees officially give out LOL

It's on the loose! Got my trailer moved this morning, Chris got the Jeep out if the back yard on on a public street for the first time in 6 years or so. All that is left is to get it smogged and registered and it's 100% legit! I didn't think it was going to happen, barring any unforeseen circumstances it will make the trail run at MRV!

Thanks Scott!! No beer required it has been a blast having something to tinker on, but as we all know it never ends hahaha there is always one more thing that needs to be done or upgraded.

Damnit! The YJ isn't going to make this trip. Chris had all of the boxes checked off to make it happen until the last box, flat towing. For whatever reason the steering didn't return to center after making the first turn on the test drive, scrubbing the front tires.

I feel bad for Chris, he busted his ass to try and make this happen. My consolation prize is he and Kelly are still going to drive my '05 up there, going to let them take it on Saturday's trail run.

Back
Top Bottom