Interesting new adventure moto from Royal Enfield...

Andy G

Adventurist
Have you seen the Himalayan?

For someone like me who loved riding and wrenching on a Ural...this looks right up my alley as a return to 2 wheels.

royal-enfield-himalayan-review-17.jpg

I definitely like the look of it. Anglophiles will eat it up just on heritage alone :)

If it doesn't have a kickstarter that requires two men and a boy to kick over it's not a real Enfield. :D Sharp looking little bike though.

Things I see that I like:
- Minimal plastic bits to break when the bike takes a nap
- Appears to have a real metal skid plate and center stand right out of the box
- Strong frame design and easy engine access for maintenance
- Factory provided luggage attachment options

Things I'm not sure about:
- Rider position. That low seat doesn't look tall guy friendly.
- Minimal wind protection
- 421lb curb weight...with 411cc to push it around...

If it doesn't have a kickstarter that requires two men and a boy to kick over it's not a real Enfield. :D Sharp looking little bike though.

Things I see that I like:
- Minimal plastic bits to break when the bike takes a nap
- Appears to have a real metal skid plate and center stand right out of the box
- Strong frame design and easy engine access for maintenance
- Factory provided luggage attachment options

Things I'm not sure about:
- Rider position. That low seat doesn't look tall guy friendly.
- Minimal wind protection
- 421lb curb weight...with 411cc to push it around...

Yeah, at 6’4” and 250#, it could be a challenge...haha

I'm not a bike guy, haven't been since my youth. I'm sure the aftermarket will fix it, but damn that pipe looks big and vulnerable.

No sympathy for you tall people. Statistics show you get more dates and higher pay than us short guys, so you can just suffer with the short seat.

I'd love one of these things. When I had the regular Royal Enfield on a long-term test, I puttered all over the desert with it and always thought all it needed was a high pipe and a set of knobbies.

No sympathy for you tall people. Statistics show you get more dates and higher pay than us short guys, so you can just suffer with the short seat.

I'd love one of these things. When I had the regular Royal Enfield on a long-term test, I puttered all over the desert with it and always thought all it needed was a high pipe and a set of knobbies.

:jump:

Back
Top Bottom