Improved Para Cord

There's a company that makes an improved cord for survival kits. In addition to the usual nylon cords that give para cord it's strength, it also contains 30AWG wire, 25 lb mono fish line, and a waxed jute cord that can be a fire starter.

survivorcord-dragonscale-survivorcord-titan-survival-704169_480x480.jpg

Available at Amazon: Titan Para Cord

Alas, not inexpensive . . .

they should make some with a strand of rolled up TP

btw, that same company advertises a rechargeable electric lighter that looks cool but less than durable. anyone have any experience with it?

I've had several hanks of their Survivor Cord in various colors for a year or two and like it a lot, though no experience with their lighter.

I've had good luck with the company, overall.

It's usually less expensive to purchase SurvivorCord from Titan Survival directly:

https://www.titansurvival.com/collections/survivorcord :
Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 14.04.36.png

They also run specials and discount codes occasionally for their "VIP" email listees. I've saved as much as 30% in the past.

I use my Survivor Cord a lot. Purchased my first over two years ago and was impressed enough I bought more. I have orange, black, yellow, and olive, some with a reflective stripe running through it.

I use it for awning guy lines and prusik knot tighteners mostly, as seen below, because the orange--when I want it--is highly visible. The reflective stripe makes it even more so, especially in the light from a flashlight or on a clear moonlit night. It's kept me from clothes-lining myself more than once. If I'm doing a lot of camp photography and don't want the lines showing, I switch to olive.

I keep pre-cut hanks of ready-to-use lengths with my FPG tarps and poles, in my daypacks, canoe, and bike pack. It's good rugged stuff. I've used the fishing line and tinder in camp experiments, though not the snare wire. I'm going to see how conductive it is for current, though, with small batteries, etc.

I nerd-out on this sort of stuff and will spend entire days alone out in the desert, woods, or lakeside testing and experimenting with gear.

desertbunker_9659-900.JPG

desertbunker_2387-900.JPG

0a-roaddude-sigbox-650.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/Evniset-Stra...&pf_rd_p=48c01fe9-a5ff-5ee8-bc79-af7a7de7f6f2

this stuff is only $7.29 so roughly 1/4 the price. it's also 7+3, but swaps the snare wire with a thread for sewing. even if the quality is cheaper overall (only 550 lb test vs 620) it will work fine for most of what I do (lashing tent stuff, hammocks, suspending from tree in bear country).
the wire is nice though, as a ham operator, i often run an icom ah-4 long wire tuner to play on HF.

https://www.amazon.com/Evniset-Stra...&pf_rd_p=48c01fe9-a5ff-5ee8-bc79-af7a7de7f6f2

this stuff is only $7.29 so roughly 1/4 the price. it's also 7+3, but swaps the snare wire with a thread for sewing. even if the quality is cheaper overall (only 550 lb test vs 620) it will work fine for most of what I do (lashing tent stuff, hammocks, suspending from tree in bear country).
the wire is nice though, as a ham operator, i often run an icom ah-4 long wire tuner to play on HF.

That's a great find. I think I'll get some to try out. Looks the the thread is good for suturing, too, which I'd like to learn a lot more about.

Exactly the type of thing I'll spend whole days doing when out camping; testing and comparing similar products, experimenting mostly for my own edification and the pseudo-science of it all. Before I know it, the sun is setting and I start gearing up for night activities.

Cool heads up on another product, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom