I just bought a Kayak.

Greg

Adventurist
Senior Staff
I've been thinking about it for a while. Since renting a kayak at the Thompson Boat Center on the Potomac. I've been scanning local listings looking for used for the past month and the choices seemed to be in the extreme. Top of the line stuff that I'm not sure I want to invest that much in yet. Or garbage. Stuff that had been beat to hell. REI is selling a Riot Quest 10 that was was reduced to $366 when it was placed in the cart. Reviews were fairly consistent with it being a good starter kayak. I pick it up Friday along with a paddle and PFD.

Nice. Kayaks/canoes are like bikes though... they tend to multiply over time. I started with one and now have three... :lol

It's a great way to see things from a different perspective, and you can get lots of places on the water that are inaccessible even on foot. Very peaceful on the water too.

:kayak

If the weather holds I may get a chance to get on the water. If not I can perhaps decorate the roof rack with it for OEX east :lol:

^Mall paddler ;)

The escalators are not easy.
kayakescalator-768x432.jpg

:lol:

So the Riot Quest 10 has turned into a Liquid Logic XP10. Fairly new one turned up on FB market with the owner getting out of the hobby and umloading it. Called an canceled the REI order. Picking it up tomorrow.

That’s a nice boat! :cool:

We love our XPs.

If your going to use the XP10 more as a recreational boat over whitewater and won’t be needing a skirt check out the high riser seat back option. This will add a little more back support.

I think the XP9 or 10 is one of the best “all around” boats out there. If I had to have only one boat it would be the XP10.

You should have bought an orange one to keep the color theme strong.
All the guy had was lime green and black. There's still the lime green one for $650. Both have bottom scuffs but once I cleaned it up, I'm happy paying $650 for it.
IMG_20190928_172817.jpg
IMG_20190928_172803.jpg
IMG_20190928_172636.jpg
IMG_20190928_172940.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom