Hyundai enters the Overland game

Greg

Adventurist
Senior Staff
768992.jpg
768994.jpg
768993.jpg

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-ne...he-ultimate-disrupter-toyotas-off-road-legacy

I don't hate it. Very 4Runner-ish though...

It's keeping with the tradition of looking like a Star Wars helmet. Somewhat of a First Order Stormtrooper in that front. Or First Order TIE pilot.

I'm wondering if it's going to be all show but no go.

So Many Scoops. I think I see five in addition to three grill openings. Oh, and the snorkel!

Last edited:
The name "TERRACAN" just does not work for me.

If their target is competing with the 300 series Land Cruiser, they're going to need a better name than that. I can hear it now... beer can... shit can... tin can... o_O

I hope it's a great vehicle and that it pushed Toyota to do something great with their next generation, including releasing it in the US, but it'll take a few decades to prove it can truly compete with 70 years of legend.

I agree. Hyundai, once synonymous with infamous brands like Yugo has really come a long way. Their quality and fit and finish are honestly quite good these days.

The Koreans are a force to be reckoned with in the automotive industry and I'm hopeful they pull off something cool here. Competition is good!

Hyundai/Kia have never grasped the naming of vehicles IMO. When I worked for Kia and they introduced the Borrego (fullish size SUV), I immediately questioned the name...borrego is Spanish for SHEEP!

I'll admit, they do make some really good vehicles these days.

I agree. Hyundai, once synonymous with infamous brands like Yugo has really come a long way. Their quality and fit and finish are honestly quite good these days.

The Koreans are a force to be reckoned with in the automotive industry and I'm hopeful they pull off something cool here. Competition is good!

They have always been very durable, just not finely fit and finished.
We rode in Hyundai taxi's in Korea back in the 80's. Little cars I think named "The Pony". A lot of them had 300,000 - 400,000 K on them. Those drivers beat the crap out of them to, and on so called "roads".

7inch of stock ground clearance, All Wheel Drive and 100.k 10 year warranty; lifetime engine warranty on a soon to be a single income household. Why the hell not. But to make it complicated we are building the 2500hd as our OLAF this spring and striping the Bluegoose down to be our Moab Cruiser

And the build begins. Keeping it simple for our one nighter road trips and camping in dispersed sites in Utah and colorado.

Nice. We had a KIA back in the day, fun little car for what it was. Bare bones 5 sp, no A/C.

Fun fact: As of December 2015, the Kia Motor corporation is minority owned by Hyundai, which owns a 33.88% stake valued at just over US$6 billion.

Back
Top Bottom