How do I disable airbag sensor prior to removing passenger seat in JKU

Jimmie Perkins

Adventurist
Question for those who have ever removed the front passenger seat in a JKU. How do I do this correctly without tripping the dashboard light for the airbags? I’ve seen a number of posts online from people who have done it wrong and needed to go to the dealership to reset the alert, but little on the correct procedure.

Installing an ARB dual compressor this weekend if I can get this figured out.

Question for those who have ever removed the front passenger seat in a JKU. How do I do this correctly without tripping the dashboard light for the airbags? I’ve seen a number of posts online from people who have done it wrong and needed to go to the dealership to reset the alert, but little on the correct procedure.

Installing an ARB dual compressor this weekend if I can get this figured out.

I put an ARB under the passenger seat of my JL and my JT - in both cases I did not have to fully remove the seat nor disconnect the harness. But if I did I would not worry about it, unplugging and removing seats with IGN off should be no factor. And any airbag code or light would self clear after a couple ignition cycles (usually with 24 hrs).

If you use the same mount I did (pics in my threads) you can get away with just loosening the front seat bolts and a full removal of the rear seat bolts, the mount just slips under the back two legs of the seat bracket.

Back
Top Bottom