Hallmark K2

Maxcustody

Adventurist
Well after a lot of research, I ordered a Hallmark K2 today. Overland Expo West helped me make the final decision. I have been researching all the pop up truck campers over the last 3 years. I narrowed down my choices to Hallmark and FWC. In the end I chose the Hallmark. I ordered the rear storage boxes, side and rear awnings, rear ladder, air conditioning (wife has to be happy) as well as complete solar. Now the wait begins............build will be complete August 21!!

I have plenty of time to get the truck ready. Main mods are all terrain tires, Helwig air bags and rear sway bar.

Guanella-Camper-Blueprint-640x424.jpg

hallmark-k2-back-bumper-mod.jpg

2uqlru9.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

The compartment for the Honda 2K generator is brilliant! The roof air on my camper is a Coleman P'up, designed to run on that generator (if equipped with AC), I'd guess the Hallmark is similar. In the desert south west, A/C is a requirement for true 4 season capability...at least it is for old fat guys.

Congrats!

The compartment for the Honda 2K generator is brilliant! The roof air on my camper is a Coleman P'up, designed to run on that generator (if equipped with AC), I'd guess the Hallmark is similar. In the desert south west, A/C is a requirement for true 4 season capability...at least it is for old fat guys.

thanks Bob,

Yes the storage boxes are great. I am going to pick up a Yamaha generator for the Air. Looking at purchase order it says it is a Polar cub 9000 btu unit. Being 5 hours from Big Bend and 10 from Arizona, I plan on being in it in all 4 seasons!

We average 30 nights a year in ours. The rest of the Dust Junkies Racing team are in the San Bernadino area, a couple of hours away from me. The camper works great for crashing in someone's driveway when we have a Saturday race prep session, slam the roof down Sunday morning and head for home. So much easier than sleeping in someone's extra room/couch or risking a late night drive home after the inevitable :beer that is going to be consumed at some point.

Congratulations Scott! Looks like a great step up! Totally jealous. I am a fan of the Hallmark's because of their large windows.

Thanks John, I am looking at making the trip for Appalachian rendezvous or Expo. Won't be able to make both. Will have to see which one works best.

Last edited:
Max- Congrats on your K2 order! We have an Everest (very similar) and love it. We had it wired for an A/C but haven't installed it yet. You will really enjoy it.

We'll be at Expo East repping for Hallmark!

Max- Congrats on your K2 order! We have an Everest (very similar) and love it. We had it wired for an A/C but haven't installed it yet. You will really enjoy it.

We'll be at Expo East repping for Hallmark!

Thanks Eddie, I have read some of your posts about your Hallmark. We are really looking forward to picking it up, just a waiting game now. We were in Virginia but are now in West Texas and the AC was something I think we will need out here........

Did some updates in preparation for August 21 delivery..............20 more days can't wait.

Helwig Rear Sway bar
Helwig Big Wig air kit
295 70 18 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires and new wheels. Got rid of the 20's, don't think they are very off-road friendly.........

20170801_181328.jpg
20170801_181340.jpg
20170801_181350.jpg
20170801_181306.jpg
20170801_181402.jpg
20170801_181417.jpg
20170801_181320.jpg

What is access to your air valves going to be with the camper in the bed?
Bob,

I will have to reach under overhang...........not much choice. I like where they placed them, I think they will work well. Here is an example of the same model mounted in bed........

2uqlru9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom