Getting ready

goin camping

Adventurist
Trying to sneak in one more trip before my all expense paid luxury resort vacation.

Going to spend three weeks at an all inclusive resort in Duarte CA. Name of the place is City of something or another. All food, accommodations, pool, spa. FREE!

Trailer (62 Airstream) goes in Weds for a few touch ups. Shore power has a break somewhere and a few minor issues with the water heater an outlet and the steps. Those will get handled and my Buddy is on his way from Florida for his twice yearly dose of desert. Have never taken this trailer camping before. Been working on it to get it ready.

Van goes to radiator shop Monday. Need a larger rad for towing.

Just test ran the generator so A/C will be there if needed.

Why all this effort. The Panamint Valley Baby! A week spread over two or three of my favorite spots. All on hillsides above the valley floor and right directly underneath where the heavies fly. Very few things like a C 130 100 feet overhead. I like to watch the F's (fighters) from above at a distance as they seem so much faster that way and yes. There will be a side trip up the valley to hang out at Father Crowley overlook to watch the jets cut the canyon below.

That canyon is fun. The heavies are on the lip and depending on the pilot the F's are at the top to halfway down. Now those lunatics (My Sons Heros. They saved his butt overseas) in the A 10's are blowing dirt up at the bottom. Hard to find a better way to spend a day. Unless it is with a cold drink watching Fighters mock strafe cars on the road below.

Add in BBQ, cold drinks, plinking and your best friend. Hard to beat.

Life is good Guys. Pack it up and take it for a ride.

Last edited:
Looking forward to pics! Nothing like watching aircraft making maneuvers in those valleys.

Well we made it back.

It was a dark and perilous trip into the unknown desert.

We took a minimum of supplies. Pastries, hot coco, a blender and all the fixings to make Chi Chi's.

Fortunately we were attired properly for the weather. Shorts, Hawaiian shirts and Crocs.

And had a great four days near no one out in the Panamint Valley. Actually the only "people" we saw were piloting fighters. Truly a fun time.

OK everybody. Stop talking about going and just go somewhere. You will be happy you did.

I's post two pics but. I do not have the ability. I can Text two to a MOD if they want to add them in.

Back
Top Bottom