Front Runner Camp Kitchen Utensil Set

Chris Griggers

Adventurist
Author
We never seem to have a lack of kitchen gadgets, whether in the house or the camper. We love to cook. With how often we go out, we wanted to simplify our utensils to be in one spot and not have to sort through a bin or drawers to find something. So we ordered the Front Runner Camp Kitchen Utensil Set. It has almost everything you need except for a pair of tongs that is neatly organized in a rolled up canvas pouch. It even comes with carabiners so that you can hang it on something for easy access. Upon receiving the set, we were surprised by the quality and presentation of it as each utensil has an elastic band that keeps it in place and the knives and forks have protective sleeves to prevent from cutting yourself. Luckily, we have not lost the sleeves yet, but I can foresee this happening. Unfortunately, over time and throughout several uses, we have found some flaws with the quality. The composite handle slips off the large serving spoon from time to time when stirring food and we have noticed some slight corrosive rust spots near the where the handle and metal meets on the silverware, especially on the large carving knife. Otherwise, it has been a great product and exactly what we hoped for. It can easily be used for picnics or BBQs if you are not a camping person. The only things I feel that are missing is a pair of tongs and a lighter so we added that to our pouch.

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Specs from the manufacturer-
Consists of:
4 x serrated knifes
4 x steak forks
4 x dessert spoons
4 x teaspoons
1 x chopping board
1 x paring knife
1 x bread knife
1 x carving knife
1 x serving spoon
1 x spatula
1 x BBQ/Campfire fork
1 x Bottle opener and corkscrew
1x Storage bag

Materials used:
Utensils: Steel
Handles: Composite polyethylene

Product Dimensions:
L 450mm (17.7") x W 210mm (8.3") x H 50mm (2")

Weight:
1.91kg (4.2lbs)

We looked at those last year, and considered getting one. But we already have plenty of extra silverware, so have a kit that consists of everything in this one. It just doesn't all match. I', going to look to see if the storage bag is available, or a similar one elsewhere though, as our stuff is in a shoe-box sized Tupperware, and rattles around a lot.

Thanks for the review!

I really liked the Front Runner kit, but it was out of stock for a while when I upgraded my camp kitchen. If they're in stock, it's a really good deal. Start pricing out all the pieces and you'll see that pretty quickly.

Then at the Georgia Bushcraft Spring Campout I saw the BROG bag in use. If you have your own utensils, or specific knives that you like, the BROG bag is a good way to go.

Back
Top Bottom