Front bumper lighting

RickLB

Adventurist
I have a new bumper to install and have found a company that makes a pigtail that will allow me to have the lights in the bumper controlled by the OEM switch. Question is should I put all 4 on the switch or should I only place two on the switch? Also what are y'alls recommendations for the pattern of the light in the bumper? I was thinking of fog and wide cornering lights.
Any recommendations on the light brands? Currently looking at Baja Designs, Rough Country and KC.

Below is the bumper but not my truck

Thanks
71B8KgF1KtL._SL1500_.jpg

2 pencil beams for distance, the outer ones fogs for ditch lighting.. Mine have their own switches but the distance ones could be on your high beam circuit but the ditch lights should be on their own switch.

20191022_164829.jpg

I’m a big fan of Baja Designs. That said, I prefer to be able to control all my lights independently of the OEM lighting so I use an sPOD Bantam.

OEM switch means you will likely be operating these during on-road driving. Pattern and application should be in accordance with laws and basic safety/courtesy.

Inner spots, outer fogs- separate switches. Pick whichever brand has a temp rating that you like; a lot of them are too blue for my taste and, IMO, tend to wash out some of the surface details as well as being hard on my eyes.

ETA- You could put white ditch lights on the hood and amber fogs in the bumper if you are in foggy/snow conditions. Alternately, get fogs that will accept a yellow lens cover for winter.

The OEM switch is an on/off switch that controls the current driving lights. So I’d be able to turn them off and on as needed. Currently if the driving lights are on and I turn on high brand the driving lights turn off them back on with low beam.

Rigid makes an SAE (road legal) rated fog. I run them on my truck. When aimed properly I have zero issues with oncoming traffic. IIRC BD makes some SAE ones now as well.

no, it's fog lights with low beams
In CA that's not quite true. Fogs only with lows, Driving only with highs, but "Auxiliary Lights" can be with either. I only buy Auxiliary Lights any more, never specifically fog or driving lights.

Here is AZ we don't even need to keep the aux lights covered. One time I accidentally ran into town with them on, got pulled over and gently reminded to turn them off and sent on my way :)

20181012_140321.jpg

Back
Top Bottom