Frankie the Adventure Dawg's Reports

Garrett

Adventurist
Frankie Boy the Adventure Dawg's Reports

WOOF, ARF, HOWWWL, BARK, *nip, *play stance, WOOF, HOWWWWL - Frankie

Garrett's Translation: "Here's my new trip report blog device that you humans like to do. I have my human trained to take many photos of my glorious self while I force him to drive me around and tend to my every need while I chase seagulls, birds, foxes, squirrels and generally do what I feel like.

This is me. I'm pretty awesome and I know it. I like hot dogs.
IMG_0954.jpg

This is when he found me. I was in a cage and he set me free.
IMG_0431[1].JPG

The first thing we did was two days later went to Pismo Beach. He trusted me immediately; he opened the door of the Jeep and I took off down the beach! I LOVE running and chasing seagulls.
IMG_0479 (Medium).JPG

I like hiking with Garrett. He always remembers to give me water even if he runs out for himself. For whatever reason, I drink out of rivers and he tells me I'll get diarrhea, but never do. Weird human. I am King Iron Stomach! (except when I eat cat poop).
IMG_0755 (Large).JPG

He takes me lots of places, like Forest Falls! People poke fun at his hat, but I don't mind. He's like Indiana Jones and I'm like Short Round.
IMG_0682.JPG

Last edited:
This one time, my human took me on a boat. I fell in the ocean twice. The first time I was terrified. The second time was OK. I like the ocean.
IMG_0642 (Medium).JPG

We go hiking and watch susnsets. That's what humans do, it's OK, I'll sniff around and what not.
sunset.jpg
Sunsetaction.jpg

Another time, I made him take me to Gorman for Toys for Tots. It was snowy and cold, but I kept my human warm at night. I also met his offroad friends, Dave, Yosh, Cris, Paige and many others. I also met Dixie on that trip...we weren't the best of friends :(
IMG_0439 (Large).JPG
IMG_0459 (Large).JPG

Umm, Frankie....are we forgetting the excitement you had in Baja? Sneaking into Contingency for the Baja 500, followed several hours later by the the goat episode!

I like balloons. I enjoy walking around with it so I can hit everyone in the face with it so they give me attention. and hot dogs. I like hot dogs.
Frankie'sBalloon.jpg

I've been to the Mojave Road. That was interesting. For whatever reason, they stopped and took weird photos of my human standing on the truck. I didn't think it was a good idea.
img_4745 (Large).jpg
img_4609 (Large).jpg

My human likes the beach. We go a LOT
Ellwood.jpg

We also camp on the beach. I like to stare at him while he sleeps. In the morning, if he moves an inch, it's play time. Tough avocados if it's early and you were drinking beer. I don't drink beer. I also LOVE avocados. One time, I ate FOUR whole avocados including the pits.
IMG_1206 (Medium).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0984[1].JPG
    IMG_0984[1].JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 427
Umm, Frankie....are we forgetting the excitement you had in Baja? Sneaking into Contingency for the Baja 500, followed several hours later by the the goat episode!
I'm getting to that...

IMG_0520 (Medium).JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Wait...did you just say BAJA?!?!

IMG_1312 (Small).JPG

I LOVE Baja. *jumps, howls, runs around!

I'll bet I'm faster than these trucks though. This is Andy. He and his girlfriend LOVE me. Too bad they live in Los Angeles.
IMG_1030 (Small).JPG

I was denied entry at the contingency at the Baja 500. So I telepathetically told my human to go around the back way. I said he could get big beers if he got me in. I think that was a motivating factor...I can get him to do a lot for a beer.
IMG_1019 (Small).JPG

Here are the humans that I went with. Tim, Bob, Machelle, Andy and the gringos from TacomaWorld
IMG_1031 (Small).JPG

Now, don't get me wrong, I love hot dogs. But I like pretty much anything. Except some tortilla chips. I saw them eating at Tacos Floresta, but my human wouldn't give me one. MEAN. He said hot sauce wouldn't do well with me. Doesn't he remember I'm King Iron Stomach?!?
IMG_1035 (Small).JPG

Then he took me to a pit stop and the first thing I did was try to eat a goat. My human literally had to run after me and pull me off of it while I shook it in my mouth. Too bad - would have been delicious. Stupid human.
IMG_1044 (Small).JPG

Every once in a while, my human lets me wear his awesome Indiana Jones hat. Short Round no more!!
IMG_1052 (Small).JPG

Thank god I was attached to the truck. I nearly pulled it over when I saw ground squirrels.
IMG_1058 (Small).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1034 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1034 (Small).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 410
I just love the beach and chasing seagulls. My human likes Pismo Beach. It's loud sometimes, but it's really fun. I enjoy cuddling even though I'm 75 pounds
Pismo.jpg

Sometimes, my lady friend from Los Angeles pays me a visit. Her name is Dixie as well and she's a puppy. Am I robbing the cradle?
Pismo2.jpg

I like running in the water and splashing my human when he's warm and dry. Sometimes he shrieks like a girl. (don't tell him I told you)
IMG_1252.jpg

Human thought it was funny throwing my ball REALLY far out in the water and then he could go lay down in the sun while I spent five minutes pacing the waves...then I saw a pit bull go swim for her ball and knew I could do it. Now he can't throw it and go lay down, muahahahaha, more attention for MEEEEE! I even learned to body surf better than him on the way in.
bodysurfing.jpg

Pismo.jpg

Pismo2.jpg

bodysurfing.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

I'm so awesome at everything. I supervise hikers going up steep parts. Sometimes I like to get in the way and then just stop.
IMG_0737 (Large).JPG

I like sticking my head out the window. Only one time did I try to drive. This is Brock, he's a homie, but he couldn't figure out how to go forward. Stupid lab dogs.
IMG_1215 (Medium).JPG

Some of my adventures aren't outside, but are in the kitchen. I get under foot, I beg and I participate in any way I can for food. On top of hot dogs and avocados, I like pancakes.
IMG_1249.JPG

Congrats to Frankie on the most entertaining trip report. Garrett, you should secure your login; this could get embarrassing when he finds your Facebook account.

-Andy

Ok, it's been long enough that the goat either made it or it became dinner, and the farmer chalked it up to a coyote attack.

As the story goes from a human perspective...after a grueling trip through Baja, fighting off random attacks from all of the bad people in Baja, Frankie getting hassled by the Policia for being a dog, sneaking in and walking around the spectacle/eye candy in contingency, a hike across town for store bought tortillas at the "best taco stand in town", a cerveza frio:beer or two:beer:beer and then the drive to the pit location, Frankie had just about had enough.

We finally got to the pit location, let Frankie out of the truck, and he immediately dashed to the nearest 37 bushes to take a leak...or 37. While Frankie was relieving himself/staking out some territory to defend, the rest of us started setting up camp...with a few more cerveza frio's:beer:beer:beer to help us along.

Frankie was finally done with his business, we had tents and campers set up, and a few more cerveza frio's.:beer:beer:beer Poor Frankie only had a bowl of water. After being denied at the taco shop he had worked up a powerful hunger, just the smell of food made the guys stomach growl...it was almost like he was back at the rescue waiting for his next meal.

Then opportunity knocked... a herd of goats wandered near the camp...Garrett was distracted telling some lie about how cool he was on the Mojave Road trip...over a cerveza frio.:beer Next thing you know, Frankie was off like a flash...in our cerveza frio:beer state of mind...those of us that saw him gave a half hearted yell for him to come back. Frankie would have none of that, the poor guy was HUNGRY, and he'd found himself some FRESH supper!

At first we though the cattle dog thing was going to kick in and he was going to herd the goats into the pit area...not so much. More like a solo wolf pack picking out the weakest one in the herd. By the time Garrett raced across a quarter mile of desert to get to the location of the take down, the goat was doing it's best impression of being a goner, Frankie was doing his best impression of how things go down on National Geographic channel.

Garrett broke it up, led Frankie back to camp, the goat got up after a few minutes, slight hitch in his giddy up as he ran off...by this time the rest of us in camp needed another cerveza frio!:beer

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

(Frankie really is a cool dog to have around camp)

Always good times hanging out and camping with Frankie, been too long since we have been out though. Gonna have to remedy that pretty soon

C'mon Cris, if you've camped with Frankie, there is a story in there some where...let's hear it!:rolleyes:

It's almost like therapy for Frankie...or a remake of "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" (with my Boxers playing the ugly role)!

Ya know, I could get used to this whole "camping" thing that the human does. I lounge, he pets. I beg, he feeds. I approve of his beer, he gives me human food leftovers.

IMG_0539 (Medium).JPG

Shhhhh, don't tell the human what I'm up to on here or he won't give me extra pets every day! Mister Bob, I like your version of the goat story :drool

C'mon Cris, if you've camped with Frankie, there is a story in there some where...let's hear it!:rolleyes:

Got lots of Garret stories, as for Frankie, he is just awesome stories dont do him justice.

Mister Bob, I like your version of the goat story :drool

An old timer buddy of mine, Bud, who is recently deceased, had a lot of wisdom that he shared with me over the years. I find it entertaining to continue in Bud's tradition by "never letting the truth get in the way of a good story".

I was in the Navy as well...you always knew there was a whopper of a story about to be told when the story began with..."This is a no shi%%#@...

Human has been good lately. We get to go on lots of car rides to the beach and the park! I always smile when we do!
10560991_253507574773166_617792391_n.jpg

Although sometimes I get really excited!
10326643_776484392372854_1594882749_n.jpg

Human took me to visit his ladyfriend who has a cat. I am interested in this cat, but he apparently doesn't like me. At least I got a fun car ride!
photo 2.JPG

So instead, I eat all his cat poop out of the litter box. Then, I give human kisses. You can tell that I know what I did. He licked cat poop....kinda.
photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

Back
Top Bottom