Ford Bronco's return

Those fender flares remind me of that hack where people cut up a kiddie swimming pool, spray paint them black and screw them on a trail rig.

I was thinking landscaping edging.

Not that I would know anything about that.
landscaping edging.png

I have always loved the original Bronco. I was very pleased to see Ford bring back both the Bronco and the Ranger.

Overall I like the new Bronco with a few exceptions. The side mirrors look a little wonky, but I understand the reason for moving them from the doors to the body.

The aesthetics of the grill leave me cold. It feels like they were being a little too cutsey, running the Bronco logo trim across the middle of the headlights. That and the oddball front fender fins seem more like design cues of an offering from Tonka, not Ford.

That said, glad to see the return of the Bronco, I would love to see the Blazer brought back in a scaled down version.

Bronco Sport. Sat next to one in traffic today.

It’s a car. Tiny. Looked kinda cheap. Not much there.

Meh.

I'll never understand why Ford insists on tarnishing their long existing nameplates with products that obviously aren't intended on continuing the same legacy. Why even have a Bronco sport... if another boring softroader is needed, just name it something else. It's obviously a completely different vehicle than the offroad model. Also, the Mach E... WTF? A four door electric Mustang crossover? I'm sure it could be great, but it's not a coupe or sports car... just name it something else and create a new legacy.

I'll never understand why Ford insists on tarnishing their long existing nameplates with products that obviously aren't intended on continuing the same legacy. Why even have a Bronco sport... if another boring softroader is needed, just name it something else. It's obviously a completely different vehicle than the offroad model. Also, the Mach E... WTF? A four door electric Mustang crossover? I'm sure it could be great, but it's not a coupe or sports car... just name it something else and create a new legacy.

Exactly

Look around on the road today. How many of those Bronco II’s (or that generation Ranger) are even still around? Those things were crap.

Hey now, I had an 87 Ranger with over 500,000 miles on the clock when I decided to roll it over in a ditch 3 times. Great little truck. I still see a few late 80s / early 90s Rangers around town here occasionally.

The Bronco IIs you certainly don't see as often. Those rear windows leaked like crazy.

Hey now, I had an 87 Ranger with over 500,000 miles on the clock when I decided to roll it over in a ditch 3 times. Great little truck. I still see a few late 80s / early 90s Rangers around town here occasionally.

The Bronco IIs you certainly don't see as often. Those rear windows leaked like crazy.

You probably changed the oil and stuff ;)

Look around on the road today. How many of those Bronco II’s (or that generation Ranger) are even still around? Those things were crap.

Built correctly, the TTB was a great front suspension.

And, I had 325,000 miles on my 4.0L - including the A4LD automatic transmission!

Back
Top Bottom