Family Traditions

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
curious about family traditions during holiday's? Sally & I's favorite holiday is 4th July, which
we celebrate our freedom & independence & thank our heroes present & past. Me a son of a father who was a career military U.S.Army of 35 plus years we totally understood why & what his service to this country. Later in the year as I grew up I met a woman who was into firearms as much as I was. Our 1st 4th of July was spent in the Califorina Los Padres National Forest shooting a 4x4 posy nailed to a 4ft x4ft plywood base with Sharp's 45-70 Gov. business rifle, single action Colt & 1911 Thompson Auto Ordnance 1911 built in 1943 which I still have.
Over the years & a new location "Arkansas" this is one of our favirote things to do during this day "the mad minute" during the 4th of July we will have a 8lb pork butt or 15lb beef brisket in the BBQ pit smoking with all the fixin's we will pick out 2 weapons "firearm's" with multiple magazines laid out on a table & we will have a 4x4 post set up on our home gun range & for one solid minute non stop, firing & reloading firing & reloading during that one minute cutting that 4x4 post in half. Last year Sally picked a .45acp carbine with 20 round double stacked magazine with 230 gr. Berry Plated handload, I had Anderson "custom" AR15 in .223Rem with 20 round Admen's 20 round magazine with 55gr hollow point handloads.
SAM_2070.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom